DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first Mavic Panoramic in Portrait mode with Mavic Pro and PTGui

Wow, this turned out better than I had expected... can't wait to shoot a few myself. Pretty landscape and great clouds for a dramatic sky.

I hope it's not out of place but I wanted to share a couple things I have found from stitching panoramics with apps like PT Gui / Hugin / Panotools. I will exaggerate the effects here to show what's possible, and they can easily be fine-tuned to satisfy your own tastes. These previews are using the free editor called GIMP, but Photoshop or similar have equivalent tools.

First, they tend to mute the colors quite a bit. I found that using a custom curve adjustment, I was able to bring out the colors and contrasts in the land and sky quite a bit.

P4dPSYQ.jpg

Second, panoramic tools resample your images and can dull the finer details a lot. So I like to go over the final image with an unsharpen mask filter, configured to bring out sharp edges and details everywhere without enhancing noise or grain. Here's a before/after preview.

wqLJMTE.gif

Again, great shot, and I hope you do more of these!

MaineRC, Very nice! I hadn't even thought about using Portrait Mode for Panoramas. Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+