Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

My First Minor Crash, Please Help

redserv

Hi Guys, I had a funny feeling I would be writing about my first crash. Thankfully for me my MPP seem to be all good.

My story: I was get some really good shots in a park. However I was not getting enough satellites (6 or 7) I then decided I would take a chance as it was very close to me, the drone started drifting, hit a small tree and crashed to the ground.

When I got home I tried doing a gimbal calibration to make sure the camera was intact. it failed at 78%. Finally after messing with some of the settings, I was able to complete the calibration

I did a fresh IMU and compass calibration and did a small test flight, so far everything appears to be working as should.

I am leaving link with my Flight Logs for you guys to help me understand where I went wrong, Can someone kindly assist me please? Thanks in advance

Dropbox Link :
Dropbox - MPP Last Flight.rar

JDawg

Loc
Portland Oregon
If you do not know how to fly in atti mode you need to land the bird when you have so few sattelites.

redserv

If you do not know how to fly in atti mode you need to land the bird when you have so few sattelites.
Thank you for responding, I am almost sure that's why I was drifting so much, but I need to be sure that it was a lack of GPS satellites that caused the issue. Can you interpret the logs for me if possible?

JDawg

Loc
Portland Oregon
Thank you for responding, I am almost sure that's why I was drifting so much, but I need to be sure that it was a lack of GPS satellites that caused the issue. Can you interpret the logs for me if possible?
I am not sure how to view those logs but someone else will. If I am right, and sometimes I am, you have to upload the files in your dropbox here DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help so that they are readable.

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harraizon