Join Us Now

Air 2 My first successful automated flight..... no crash

SmilingOgre

Reactions
Gotta a clip ain't got no maladies
I'm a gonna play it for my friends
Will it go round in circles?
Will it fly like a bird up in the sky?

Next, your gonna see my smiling face on the cover of the rolling drone!

Smile.jpg

Reactions: TreeHugger
Well done.

Your neighborhood is a lot like mine with the trees. I have a large Litchi mission I fly every 2 days - same exact flight. Takes 10 minutes @ 15 MPH and there are a LOT of trees. I hope to have editing skills at some point to make neat videos using the changing colors of the trees.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Your neighborhood is a lot like mine with the trees. I have a large Litchi mission I fly every 2 days - same exact flight. Takes 10 minutes @ 15 MPH and there are a LOT of trees. I hope to have editing skills at some point to make neat videos using the changing colors of the trees.
Looking forward to seeing them. I'm still terrified of way points. Got am M2 pro visiting the Texas repair facility from the last attempt. Some day I'll get the nerve up to try it again. For now, baby steps.

Mission successful, @SmilingOgre ! I did have an "oh no" moment at around the 0:36 mark, but you cleared that tree easily, things really do look so much closer than they are with the vision from drones! :oops:

I have got to ask what automated flight method you used here. I haven't explored any of that as yet, I have just used my MA2 for photography, racing across fields to snap quick frames of ruins sure saves me a heap of time, not to mention avoiding trespassing hassles! I'm lucky that there is no expectation of privacy in application of old ruins!

Mission successful, @SmilingOgre ! I did have an "oh no" moment at around the 0:36 mark, but you cleared that tree easily, things really do look so much closer than they are with the vision from drones! :oops:

I have got to ask what automated flight method you used here. I haven't explored any of that as yet, I have just used my MA2 for photography, racing across fields to snap quick frames of ruins sure saves me a heap of time, not to mention avoiding trespassing hassles! I'm lucky that there is no expectation of privacy in application of old ruins!
Lol, I kinda stumbled on it. I was poking around on the screen and a little green circle with a plus popped up. I remembered seeing something on a video about that so I drew a small box. Another window popped up with three options, If I remember correctly, Trace, spotlight, and POI. The one in the center, spotlight is highlighted. I tapped POI and it prompted me for speed and direction of circle. So I did the POI. After going back and watching a couple of videos I discovered there is also a switch in settings to show targets for these routines. I tried that but didn't care for it. Every person and car had a green dot following it around. Quite a mess on the screen. I tried the other two routines as well. I followed a truck down the road with trace and spotlight keeps the gimbal on the target as you fly. I'm going to test the spotlight a little more as it relieves the need to adjust gimble as you adjust your flying. This is just the coolest hobby.

Reactions: Alexander Of Oz
Lol, I kinda stumbled on it. I was poking around on the screen and a little green circle with a plus popped up. I remembered seeing something on a video about that so I drew a small box. Another window popped up with three options, If I remember correctly, Trace, spotlight, and POI. The one in the center, spotlight is highlighted. I tapped POI and it prompted me for speed and direction of circle. So I did the POI. After going back and watching a couple of videos I discovered there is also a switch in settings to show targets for these routines. I tried that but didn't care for it. Every person and car had a green dot following it around. Quite a mess on the screen. I tried the other two routines as well. I followed a truck down the road with trace and spotlight keeps the gimbal on the target as you fly. I'm going to test the spotlight a little more as it relieves the need to adjust gimble as you adjust your flying. This is just the coolest hobby.
Brilliant! I watched a couple of video's on these features, but haven't had the chance to play with them as yet. It's been rainy and windy since I got back last Saturday afternoon. :( But, that has allowed a bit of time to edit the hundreds of images captured on my recent trip out ruin hunting! :cool:

I suspect I'll have the same reaction to seeing so many things being tracked at once. I like the idea that you can drag your target to where you want on the screen, so they don't just have to be in the centre of frame. Then allowing you to explore your pans and tilts to taste, without having to control yet another thing, especially as a newbie to this drone!

You're right, it is an addictive hobby!

Reactions: SmilingOgre
very nice...In my video's the tree's are laying over at about a 30 degree angle and whipping around violently..and they sure don't have those beautiful fall colors.
I'll still always picture you as you are in your Icon...with that devil may care expression and the ring in your nose

very nice...In my video's the tree's are laying over at about a 30 degree angle and whipping around violently..and they sure don't have those beautiful fall colors.
I'll still always picture you as you are in your Icon...with that devil may care expression and the ring in your nose
Yikes! Were you filming in a hurricane? The avitar is a carryover from other forums I'm on. Had a lot of fun with it with little quips like "Well time to grab a little someone to eat and hit the hey". Just a little spice to the persona.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato