DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first train

How did you get the sound? As I see it, if you set the toggle to “record sound” in the menu, the sound is recorded to your iOS device (if that’s what you’re using), but not the Mavic SD card. Then you would have to patch it in using your editing program on your PC. Or did you do everything from your phone/tablet?
Where I live there are some 30,000 ton iron ore trains that I want to video.

Very nice!

Very nice, lovely sound of the air horns from the train. I turned my sound recording off on mine because I usually end up with a recording of someone coming along to chat about drones. Thanks for sharing. I hope to get some UK trains recorded.

How did you get the sound? As I see it, if you set the toggle to “record sound” in the menu, the sound is recorded to your iOS device (if that’s what you’re using), but not the Mavic SD card. Then you would have to patch it in using your editing program on your PC. Or did you do everything from your phone/tablet?
Where I live there are some 30,000 ton iron ore trains that I want to video.

Often when I want sound I just edit and upload with my tablet.

However, for this video I imported both the 2.7k video from the sd card and the low quality version from the iPad so I could separate the audio and paste it to the higher quality video. It was simple in this instance because the audio didn't have to be aligned perfectly.

Reactions: Ozdriver

However, for this video I imported both the 2.7k video from the sd card and the low quality version from the iPad so I could separate the audio and paste it to the higher quality video. It was simple in this instance because the audio didn't have to be aligned perfectly.
That’s how I thought you might have done it. I use Cyberlink 16 software so I guess I could do what you did though I haven’t tried that out yet. Excuse all my questions, but what software do you use?

I think it's called power director.

I'm not very good at using all of its features but I like that I can easily do color grading as well as change the speed or reverse the direction of a clip.

I reversed the footage in the following 15 second video for a cool effect.

Reactions: jmac_88
I think it's called power director.

I'm not very good at using all of its features but I like that I can easily do color grading as well as change the speed or reverse the direction of a clip.

I reversed the footage in the following 15 second video for a cool effect.

Cheers. Yes, that’s what I’ve got. Cyberlink Power Director.

I’ve just found this no longer works for me, I think since the last firmware update. The sound is recorded (from the cache), but when I download it from the DJI app to the iPad photoroll the sound disappears! I’ve tried it with both iPad and iPhone. It’s got me beat. Did you update the firmware last week and are you having this problem now?

I’ve just found this no longer works for me, I think since the last firmware update. The sound is recorded (from the cache), but when I download it from the DJI app to the iPad photoroll the sound disappears! I’ve tried it with both iPad and iPhone. It’s got me beat. Did you update the firmware last week and are you having this problem now?

I have not updated iPad or mavic firmware since April.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas