DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first video with my Mavic Pro

massimo57

Reactions
Hi guys, that's my first post for my first video shot with Mavic.
The subject is the Superga Cathedral over a hill overlooking the city of Turin.
Just made some cut in the original video and some fading here and there.

dude if thats your first video with a drone fair play .. very well made and controlled well done {{ get a landing matt or something as you dont want snow /water /ice getting in the drones sensors at the bottom }}

Reactions: shoemaker
Looks good hope my first video is as good.
Had a Mavic for quite some time but have been using it for filming my kids waterskiing .
Hopefully going to get out and take some decent video in the next few weeks .
Looking forward to seeing more from you.

I am starting with movies too. But I think it's most important to get some music with it, without tone it easy gets boring ...

Last edited:

I am starting with movies too. But I think it's most important to get some music with it, without tone it eeasy gets boring ...
Another tip would be to shorten the overall length of the video. 8+ minutes will surely lose the viewers interest

That depends on what you have filmed and how you show it. And of course your intentions why you have filmed it...

By the way, I'll take the chance to ask you a couple of questions:
1. I can't see the map in DJI 4 app; have you any idea why and how to get it
2. Same question for the audio... I can't get any sound, the video is totally mute

Thank you in advance

By the way, I'll take the chance to ask you a couple of questions:
1. I can't see the map in DJI 4 app; have you any idea why and how to get it
2. Same question for the audio... I can't get any sound, the video is totally mute

Thank you in advance

The Mavic pro does not record any sound nor is showing any maps in its videos. To do this you have to install an app like AirShou on your cell phone or tablet. It is free and you can download it for example at google store. Those apps record all you see and hear on your tablet or cell phone. In the postprocessing of your movie you can mix those recordings of the mavic and the screen recording and underlaying all with music. But for this you need of course something like adobe premiere or something cheaper ...

Last edited:
Agree with other posters: shorten overall length and add a sound track. Color grading will really dramatize this scenery. Plus, take a look at Point Of Interest intelligent flight mode. The shots of the cathedral's basilica are just crying out for it. Great first effort!

ianc

Hi guys, here you are the final cut of my video.
I followed all your suggestions and it looks a little better than the first version.
Thanks.

Much better. Really like the music choice. Perhaps render to a bit higher resolution than 480p to really do the scene justice though?

ianc

what settings of the camera you used? was it full auto? remember white balance?
I recorded a bit few days ago in a cloudy day with D-log settings and go this :/
faded out video :/

The Mavic pro does not record any sound nor is showing any maps in its videos. To do this you have to install an app like AirShou on your cell phone or tablet. It is free and you can download it for example at google store. Those apps record all you see and hear on your tablet or cell phone. In the postprocessing of your movie you can mix those recordings of the mavic and the screen recording and underlaying all with music. But for this you need of course something like adobe premiere or something cheaper ...
Odd this and I have heard others say the same about not recording sound. Are you talking about recording sound from the mavic or sound in general??
I can record sound, it is however clearly from my display device as the mavic props sound fade away as it moves away from me, it does pick me up me speaking!!

Odd this and I have heard others say the same about not recording sound. Are you talking about recording sound from the mavic or sound in general??
I can record sound, it is however clearly from my display device as the mavic props sound fade away as it moves away from me, it does pick me up me speaking!!
It is clearly described in that comment...

Hi guys, that's my first post for my first video shot with Mavic.
The subject is the Superga Cathedral over a hill overlooking the city of Turin.
Just made some cut in the original video and some fading here and there.

Really cool video! maybe add in some music next video. if you would like, you can check out my recent video. Here is my channel. Josh Amaral Drone

what settings of the camera you used? was it full auto? remember white balance?
I recorded a bit few days ago in a cloudy day with D-log settings and go this :/
faded out video :/
Iused no specific settings for the camera, it was full auto. Also the white balance was auto.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest