DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first video with some effort behind the edit

That's nice work. What App did you use for the editing? I have recently purchased a video editing program but have yet to spend much time with it.

Reactions: blackomega
Very nice clips for your video! Music was well fitted. A couple clips were just a bit long, but a nice edit overall.

Thanks for the review. Much appreciated

Which parts were too long? Want to make my edits better.

After viewing it several times the only spot for too long would be the full black transition from 1:25 to 1:29, but that may have been to time it with the music.

The following clip with the fire suppression spray was great. The other really nice scene was the hyperlapse of the Cosco ship being rotated!

Really loved watching the choreography of the tugs.

After viewing it several times the only spot for too long would be the full black transition from 1:25 to 1:29, but that may have been to time it with the music.

The following clip with the fire suppression spray was great. The other really nice scene was the hyperlapse of the Cosco ship being rotated!

Really loved watching the choreography of the tugs.
Yes that was sort of the idea for a bit of a long pause and then the lyrics about "rise above you" then transitioning to the overhead of the tug with the water cannons.
I always try to edit to the music. Again thank you for watching and giving your two cents.

That's nice work. What App did you use for the editing? I have recently purchased a video editing program but have yet to spend much time with it.
The shooting was great but the transitions and music were not my cup of tea

I tend to have a short attention span for many of the drone videos but I watched this one all the way through and I intend to do it again! My highest compliment! Nicely done and keep up the good work.

Nice work. You should give a copy of the video to the tugboat company.
What height were you at?
How far away were you at the furthest point?

I will need to look into Apple Final Cut Pro.
Thanks for sharing.

Very well done. I much prefer a video that has one major theme or subject matter as you’ve done here. A few observations using some examples tied to the video run time.

1) 0.24 - With a single moving object, a tug boat, car, or someone walking, allow for more space ahead of that single object. This was captured well in other parts of the video.

2) 0.28 - Where there are two objects fairly close together, attempt to capture both fully in the frame. By this I mean, if you are photographing two people standing together, you would not cut one person off at the shoulder.

3) 1.43 to 1.50 - I’d cut this clip out.

Again, very well done.

I completely understand. Usually I stick with cuts and cross dissolves but I wanted to do something different and a cut to black transition did not fit with the timing
for the fast cuts that go with the music at the beginning so I went with the flow transition from finalcut. Personally i think it adds a different look to my video.
As for the music yes i go for upbeat music for most of my videos but I heard that at a hockey game i was at and wanted to integrate it into a drone video.

Thanks for watching and your thoughts on the edits. There are so many buttons on finalcut that I have yet to figure out what they do.

Nice work. You should give a copy of the video to the tugboat company.
What height were you at?
How far away were you at the furthest point?

I will need to look into Apple Final Cut Pro.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for watching. Glad you enjoyed

Honestly I cant remember but usually I'm about 40 meters AGL when I film.
Also I have the M2Z so sometimes it seems that im closer to the subject than i actually am
My M2Z is away on repairs and i have so many unused clips on my server thought id make a montage about tug boats.
Some of the clips are up to a year old.
I have gone 2 km away. Our harbour is not that big but i have flown as far away as 6km
Finalcut pro is amazing, its also expensive but its biggest hook to me is it supports dual monitors i have my preview and timeline on one screen and my clip selector on another.

Reactions: Gipper
If you have time. look into my channel and watch my other ship themed videos you will find they are more tame videos.
This one was sort of like a limited edition.

I tend to have a short attention span for many of the drone videos but I watched this one all the way through and I intend to do it again! My highest compliment! Nicely done and keep up the good work.
I am really happy you liked the video that much to warrant a second viewing. I wont lie, I have watched it like 20 times. not including all the re watches during the edit haha.

And yes my intent on this video was to try for more people to watch the whole video thats why i kept it a short video and short cuts.

Very well done. I much prefer a video that has one major theme or subject matter as you’ve done here. A few observations using some examples tied to the video run time.

1) 0.24 - With a single moving object, a tug boat, car, or someone walking, allow for more space ahead of that single object. This was captured well in other parts of the video.

2) 0.28 - Where there are two objects fairly close together, attempt to capture both fully in the frame. By this I mean, if you are photographing two people standing together, you would not cut one person off at the shoulder.

3) 1.43 to 1.50 - I’d cut this clip out.

Again, very well done.
Thanks for watching.

1) point taken and i will work on framing my shots, it also was not centred properly

2) also completely get what your saying (we all have our visions) the star of that shot is the brand new tug boat, i have a soft spot for her, plus was trying to convey the size difference between the two vessels, and also this video is all about tug boats, i have done tons of videos of container ships so the container ships are more like the elephant in the room.

3) yes i totally agree with you, the shot overall is bad and its only 1080p but its from my old spark drone i no longer own and wanted to throw in something i shot with him for old times sake.

Thank you tons for your feedback and I will work with what I have learned.

Reactions: RickinWaST
Very good photography! I especially liked the turning hyperlapse, and rainbows from the tugs spray. I liked the editing, but not a fan of fade to black transitions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98