DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom My first Wedding video

Palerider

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello Pilots! I am good friends with the Uncle of the bride. He asked if I wouldn't mind taking some drone video at her wedding. I knew I would be flying near people, so I put the prop guards on my drone before flying it. The wind was calm and the temperature was around 92 degrees. I noticed that I only got 15 minutes of battery life in these conditions. Most likely the weight of the prop guards. People attending the wedding were surprised on how quiet my drone is. The carbon fiber blades really cut down the noise level. Enjoy the long video and and let me know what you think.

Nice!! I like the bride looking up at the end with her arm upstretching toward the drone.

I thought that place looked familiar - You posted a video from there last week. The Strathern Historical Park - You were just warming us up right?? HAHAHAHA

Reactions: Palerider
Nice!! I like the bride looking up at the end with her arm upstretching toward the drone.

I thought that place looked familiar - You posted a video from there last week. The Strathern Historical Park - You were just warming us up right?? HAHAHAHA
Yes :)

• Haha
Reactions: Prop Wash
Hello Pilots! I am good friends with the Uncle of the bride. He asked if I wouldn't mind taking some drone video at her wedding. I knew I would be flying near people, so I put the prop guards on my drone before flying it. The wind was calm and the temperature was around 92 degrees. I noticed that I only got 15 minutes of battery life in these conditions. Most likely the weight of the prop guards. People attending the wedding were surprised on how quiet my drone is. The carbon fiber blades really cut down the noise level. Enjoy the long video and and let me know what you think.

Maybe I missed it. I didn’t see ANY wedding.

I like your work but I have a couple of pieces of Constructive Criticism for you going forward. . . .

A) Kudos for not tryin to film the actual event. Guests will end up looking UP at the aircraft instead of the Wedding Party and it is their day after all.

B) A couple of times there is a "wobble" in the flying. If those can't be re-shot I would edit them out (insert a subtle transition to make up for the loss of a couple of seconds). Those strange movements break up the "fantasy" of the flight and cause the human to think about the flight as opposed to what they are watching. Example is around 8:30 flying down towards the seats etc.

C) I love the part at the end with the bride but having the Photog's shadow and then the Photog in the shoot absolutely spoils the fantasy. Ask the Photog how he would feel if your drone was hovering in the background while he was shooting his work. Preserve the FANTASY of the moment even if it takes a few re-shoots and the final product will be worth it.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

I like your work but I have a couple of pieces of Constructive Criticism for you going forward. . . .

A) Kudos for not tryin to film the actual event. Guests will end up looking UP at the aircraft instead of the Wedding Party and it is their day after all.

B) A couple of times there is a "wobble" in the flying. If those can't be re-shot I would edit them out (insert a subtle transition to make up for the loss of a couple of seconds). Those strange movements break up the "fantasy" of the flight and cause the human to think about the flight as opposed to what they are watching. Example is around 8:30 flying down towards the seats etc.

C) I love the part at the end with the bride but having the Photog's shadow and then the Photog in the shoot absolutely spoils the fantasy. Ask the Photog how he would feel if your drone was hovering in the background while he was shooting his work. Preserve the FANTASY of the moment even if it takes a few re-shoots and the final product will be worth it.
I have to agree with the photographer's shadow ruining the shot. Maybe the bride and the pilot could have waited until the photographer cleared out. Maybe a suggestion for future wedding drone videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quakzopas