DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My heartbeat literally caused my drone to crash

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
(Added by Moderator from original post. (My literal heartbeat is the reason as to why I need a new ribbon cable)

Yes I know it's dumb ok?

I can never keep my hands steady especially standing up. For me that's impossible. And there's literally nothing I can do about it.

My hands bob up and down or left and right to the rythem of my heartbeat. Because of it I have a hard time keeping my hands still to focus on stuff. I'm not sure if it's soda making me jittery because I drink alot of that stuff, I just know it cost me a ribbon cable.

(Yeah I was chasing my friends around trees and stuff)

I looked up on Google this and I only got stuff about blood pressure and pointless stuff I don't have to worry about until I'm a grown up.

*this is the same post as the other on, Im adding more detail into this one because I don't know how to edit posts*

My hands bob with the rythem of my heartbeat. I am never able to keep my hands still.

I looked up solutions on Google and all they did was shove in my face that I have to drink water and some grown up stuff about blood pressure only you guys would have to worry about.

A few weeks ago, I was at my brother's summer camp. They were VERY interested in my Mavic pro. I told them to go out far. To hide in a bush so I can find them with my Mavic.

While flying, because of the bobbing of my hands, I had to squint to see the screen better. The reason of the crash is because the joysticks since my fingers was on them, and I couldn't keep my hands still anyway. This probably caused drift. Or otherwise, I had magnet interference anyway. That might have caused the drifting. So that caused me a ribbon cable. Thankfully that's coming tomorrow. A nice person who is on this form got me a screwdriver compatible with the screws holding the top part on. Shout-out to whoever that was.

Another thing that might have caused the crash is the slight latency with both the controls, and the video. Do anybody have a fix to that?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your hands are "bobbing" because of your heartbeat I would advise your parents to take you to your doctor for evaluation [bring your drone's controller so you can demonstrate exactly the problem]. Something doesn't seem right and if you have an undiagnosed condition it is best to find it early. When I was your age I had friends who DIED with undiagnosed heart conditions. If it's nothing it's worth finding out anyway. Have you told your parents????

Assuming the condition is nothing, I would suggest using a neck lanyard that connects to your controller. It will stabilize the controller and hopefully your hands as well. A side benefit to a lanyard is that if you ever need two hands to set up, or adjust your drone you don't have to set the controller down, especially if it's snowy or muddy or wet outside. I often use the lanyard because it frees up my hands.

Here's the one I bought for $12. This one is intended for a Mini 2 but with aid of elastic hair bands can use it with a smaller controller, like one that comes with the Mini 1 or Mavic 2 Pro.

1634306884004.png

If your hands are "bobbing" because of your heartbeat I would advise your parents to take you to your doctor for evaluation [bring your drone's controller so you can demonstrate exactly the problem]. Something doesn't seem right and if you have an undiagnosed condition it is best to find it early. When I was your age I had friends who DIED with undiagnosed heart conditions. If it's nothing it's worth finding out anyway. Have you told your parents????

Assuming the condition is nothing, I would suggest using a neck lanyard that connects to your controller. It will stabilize the controller and hopefully your hands as well. A side benefit to a lanyard is that if you ever need two hands to set up, or adjust your drone you don't have to set the controller down, especially if it's snowy or muddy or wet outside. I often use the lanyard because it frees up my hands.

Here's the one I bought for $12. This one is intended for a Mini 2 but with aid of elastic hair bands can use it with a smaller controller, like one that comes with the Mini 1 or Mavic 2 Pro.

View attachment 136591
But... I'm too young to have heart problems... That this mean I will die?...

NOBODY is too young to have heart problems. You're saying that your hands "bob" with your heartbeat. That is abnormal for any age. If you do have a medical issue you want to know about it so you know how to deal with it. You don't know if it's nothing or a ticking time bomb. TELL YOUR PARENTS!!!!

Nobody is telling you that you are going to die because of your hands shaking. But we are telling you that your hands shaking in the way you describe is not normal (especially for a 16 year old), and you should find out why it is happening. Speaking to a parent or other trusted adult is a good idea. If you are in school, speaking to a school nurse could also be an option.

Just get someone you can trust to help you get checked, parents / relative obviously first to approach, school medical staff, any sort of social worker in the area, should be a number of ways you can get help to get some tests done.

Definitely watch the soda !
It's FULL of sugar and certainly too much can affect the heart.
Many young people have had heart issues, some have died, due to those energy drinks, because they are full of sugar, and sugar / electrolytes are not needed in high volumes unless doing extreme activity.

Don't worry or stress, you probably know that, yes, one day you will pass like everyone else on the planet, rich or poor, or background, but let's hope it's a long time away.

This has some of the characteristics of what is known as 'tremor': small, occasionally large, involuntary movements of the hands, perhaps other parts of the body. Can be hereditary. This is definitely something to get qualified medical input on.

(Added by Moderator from original post. (My literal heartbeat is the reason as to why I need a new ribbon cable)

Yes I know it's dumb ok?

I can never keep my hands steady especially standing up. For me that's impossible. And there's literally nothing I can do about it.

My hands bob up and down or left and right to the rythem of my heartbeat. Because of it I have a hard time keeping my hands still to focus on stuff. I'm not sure if it's soda making me jittery because I drink alot of that stuff, I just know it cost me a ribbon cable.

I looked up on Google this and I only got stuff about blood pressure and pointless stuff I don't have to worry about until I'm a grown up.

*this is the same post as the other on, Im adding more detail into this one because I don't know how to edit posts*

My hands bob with the rythem of my heartbeat. I am never able to keep my hands still.

I looked up solutions on Google and all they did was shove in my face that I have to drink water and some grown up stuff about blood pressure only you guys would have to worry about.

A few weeks ago, I was at my brother's summer camp. They were VERY interested in my Mavic pro. I told them to go out far. To hide in a bush so I can find them with my Mavic.

While flying, because of the bobbing of my hands, I had to squint to see the screen better. The reason of the crash is because the joysticks since my fingers was on them, and I couldn't keep my hands still anyway. This probably caused drift. Or otherwise, I had magnet interference anyway. That might have caused the drifting. So that caused me a ribbon cable. Thankfully that's coming tomorrow. A nice person who is on this form got me a screwdriver compatible with the screws holding the top part on. Shout-out to whoever that was.

Another thing that might have caused the crash is the slight latency with both the controls, and the video. Do anybody have a fix to that?
I am a retired MD. I specialized in neurological diseases that affect the eyes (neuro-ophthamology). You really need to see a neurologist for your tremor disorder. It can be due to many neurological conditions. You might need an MRI of the brain, a complete neurological examination. etc. Many tremors can be controlled medically such as with Parkinson's disease in elderly patients.

Dale

I agree with the previous posts. Go see a doctor. He may tell you to lay off the soda (sugar and caffeine) or he may be able to prescribe something for you. I too felt indestructible when i was younger. At 39 I had my first heart attack and was in complete denial. At 49 I had my second one. At 59 I was having more frequent chest pains and ignored them until my Girl friend told me to go to the Dr. Three weeks later I had double bypass.

Bottom line is when your body is talking to you or asking for help, DO NOT IGNORE IT!

I agree with the previous posts. Go see a doctor. He may tell you to lay off the soda (sugar and caffeine) or he may be able to prescribe something for you. I too felt indestructible when i was younger. At 39 I had my first heart attack and was in complete denial. At 49 I had my second one. At 59 I was having more frequent chest pains and ignored them until my Girl friend told me to go to the Dr. Three weeks later I had double bypass.

Bottom line is when your body is talking to you or asking for help, DO NOT IGNORE IT!
You are lucky to be alive. I'll bet you had the widow-maker syndrome- which is the most common vessel of the left anterior descending artery of the heart which supplies blood to most of the front of the heart. I had a friend whose angiogram showed this and his cardiologist told him it was 95% blocked. He had it fixed just in time.

Reactions: SpitFire

Yes I know it's dumb ok?

Forget about your drone. Until you get an EKG and EchoCardiogram you may be walking around with a serious health issue without knowing it. The symptoms you describe are the same as a friend of mine. He was born with a heart defect, but didn't get diagnosed until, it really became an issue.

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Okay.

Guys I probably haven't said before, Im not an adult yet I'm only 16

You are lucky to be alive. I'll bet you had the widow-maker syndrome- which is the most common vessel of the left anterior descending artery of the heart which supplies blood to most of the front of the heart. I had a friend whose angiogram showed this and his cardiologist told him it was 95% blocked. He had it fixed just in time.
Im not sure which ones were blocked. The first one required one stent and that was done in Plantation FL (i was living in Weston at the time). The second one used one stent right away and i was told to come back in a month or so for two more that were partially blocked. When they did the two they knicked the inside of my femoral artery. I felt like I had to urinate but the pressure on my bladder was from the outside of it (blood). Eventually they moved me to the ICU. On the way I told them I was going to pass out. I do remember hearing my BP was like 55/18 as i was bleeding to death internally. I took 5 units of blood that evening and 3 or 4 more the next day.

A bad or "troubled" heart can ruin your entire day. I dont care if you are 16 or 61, GET CHECKED OUT, AT LEAST THE DEVIL YOU WILL KNOW!

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
Okay.

I believe we knew you were young. Your heart shouldn't make your body's limbs move with each beat, even if you're nervous. Having some simple nervous tremor is normal, but your heart shouldn't beat hard enough to make your body or limbs move as much as you have described. You may have been born with a heart defect and not know it, it could also be hormonal or neurological. Your body is telling you something is wrong. If a doctor sees and examines you, then tells you it's just nerves and doesn't run any tests, you should seek evaluation by another doctor. If a complete evaluation, exam, lab and physical testing show nothing, medications should fix the issue.

Okay.

We can see that you are 16 from your profile. As a parent of a 13 year old, I'm not trying to scare you (I don't think anyone here is), but I am telling you that if my 13 year old had hands shaking enough to show up trying to control a drone I would take him to a doctor, because I would want to know why it is happening. I am suggesting, as are others, that you talk to a responsible adult (who you know personally) for advice.

While folks here are remarkably good at diagnosing drone problems remotely, and no matter how well intentioned, we can't diagnose medical problems remotely.

Reactions: Crouching Leopard

Yes I know it's dumb ok?

I know the thing for that problem. It's called a skydio 2. The skydio 2 will fix all problems by avoiding all obstacles. It has a built in computer that flies the drone around anything that gets in your way. Save up and get one if you want to make crashes a thing of the past. The camera is also easier to deal with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU