DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Lack of Focus...

Lancer X

Reactions
I'm a fairly new Mavic pilot. Ran into a new problem last night, and not sure what's going on.

I was running a mapping test with DroneDeploy, so I launched via the DJI Go 4 app and switched my camera settings to Auto just in case before flipping over to the DD application.

All the photos that DD took are out of focus. Similarly, I left the camera on Auto afterwards while I flew around filming and taking stills. Everything is out of focus.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I understand that the Mavic normally requires a manual focus operation (tap screen to focus or use the Center Focus button). Does Auto mode also require a manual focus tap??

I was even tapping the screen occasionally just in case, but the icon that appeared looked different than I remembered. Unfortunately, I have been using a anti-glare screen protector on my iPad Mini 4, and this film really degrades the display quality - I couldn't tell I was OOF. Think I'm ripping that thing off my screen today...

Appreciate any advice!

I'm a fairly new Mavic pilot. Ran into a new problem last night, and not sure what's going on.

I was running a mapping test with DroneDeploy, so I launched via the DJI Go 4 app and switched my camera settings to Auto just in case before flipping over to the DD application.

All the photos that DD took are out of focus. Similarly, I left the camera on Auto afterwards while I flew around filming and taking stills. Everything is out of focus.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I understand that the Mavic normally requires a manual focus operation (tap screen to focus or use the Center Focus button). Does Auto mode also require a manual focus tap??

I was even tapping the screen occasionally just in case, but the icon that appeared looked different than I remembered. Unfortunately, I have been using a anti-glare screen protector on my iPad Mini 4, and this film really degrades the display quality - I couldn't tell I was OOF. Think I'm ripping that thing off my screen today...

Appreciate any advice!
It has been awhile but I believe I always tap to focus once (or more depending)on every flight regardless of the settings. If you look at many of the videos posted you will notice they are usually out of focus for the first couple seconds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61