DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My lights came

Artemis

Reactions
So my plan to mount the red and green on the gimbal shade worked well, I mounted the strobe on the battery door, flew well and did not get any weight mode warnings so I think I’m good, these are the firehouse dual lights, suppose to be about 4grams, they come with the double sided 3m tape

Attachments

• 83946874-E914-47FA-A1F0-958E17AC56B5.jpeg
    83946874-E914-47FA-A1F0-958E17AC56B5.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
  • D3216BBB-299D-41A6-B417-BE02A752E319.jpeg
    D3216BBB-299D-41A6-B417-BE02A752E319.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 89
I'd give the drone a buffeting at low level just to see how securely mounted the sun shade is, it would be a shame if it came off several 100ft away. Or maybe tape the sunshade in place.

Thanks, I’ll double check but it seems to be connected really well, this is the pyg version without the lower leg part, very light weight but they didn’t skimp on the connection hooks, would be very surprised if it came off, hopefully the 3m tape is strong enough, that would be the weak link I think

The dual lights are very nice btw, firehouse claims they meet 107 and I believe it… however these are mostly to keep me legal flying close to home in the evening and hopefully give me a better sense of orientation during day

Reactions: MA2 317
The dual lights are very nice btw, firehouse claims they meet 107 and I believe it… however these are mostly to keep me legal flying close to home in the evening and hopefully give me a better sense of orientation during day

Looking good. :cool:

I started with the Arc duals and ended up with the Arc V's.

I occasionally still use the duals on my bike or the dog walks at night. :)

I’m happy, I was concerned about it entering payload mode so went for the lightest ones that still met 107 specs, I’m probably over 249grams now but no biggie since I took the test anyway…. If I ever upgrade to a bigger drone I’ll probably get the arc v, it looks nice

So my plan to mount the red and green on the gimbal shade worked well, I mounted the strobe on the battery door, flew well and did not get any weight mode warnings so I think I’m good, these are the firehouse dual lights, suppose to be about 4grams, they come with the double sided 3m tape
Hi Artemis, can I ask a stupid question? How do you power your lights??.silverback

Reactions: Artemis
Hi Artemis, can I ask a stupid question? How do you power your lights??.silverback
They have tiny batteries recharged with a microusb cable…. Mine are suppose to last around 3 hrs… the heavier lights 6+ hours….when mounting them I tried to position them where I could plug them in easily, some people use Velcro but thats more weight and makes them stick up more, they are not really attractive regardless but the functionality makes them worth it…. The heavier ones like the 2s have nav lights built in and they can carry the heavy firehouse arc v , which is much more attractive imho…. Just don’t have that luxury with the mini 2

Hey @Artemis where did you get your Culture landing pad?
I saw it at red bubble, you can get it with just read the instructions or of course I still love you, I think it was 22, it’s just an inexpensive bathmat that they print on but pretty great for a landing pad, SpaceX should sell them 🚀

I may have ordered the larger size just because my experience level requires a minute to line up, easier if I point my gimbal straight down.. but found it a little difficult perceiving when I was directly over the target just looking

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69