DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My longest LItchi mission yet. 4.6 miles.

bronze661

Reactions
2.3 miles out at 300'. About 15 mph. Again Litchi missed some poi's. When I ran the mission on google earth it did everything I wanted.

2.3 miles out at 300'. About 15 mph. Again Litchi missed some poi's. When I ran the mission on google earth it did everything I wanted.

Flight didn’t appear to be in POI mode. Stated differently, settings for the flight didn’t appear to be
Heading:Custom and
Default Gimbal Pitch Mode: Focus POI

Flight didn’t appear to be in POI mode. Stated differently, settings for the flight didn’t appear to be
Heading:Custom and
Default Gimbal Pitch Mode: Focus POI
Thats the trouble, the settings are correct. I've had many successful flights. It works one day and not the next.

Reactions: FL AV8R
I might be a big dummy but I think I figured out why it doesn't look at poi's sometime. When you go into signal loss mode it only fly's the coordinates but doesn't do the gimbal moves. I just did a quick around the house mission and it worked perfectly. That's when I realized it must be the signal loss thing. So if your doing a Litchi mission, keep it close enough to not lose signal.

I might be a big dummy but I think I figured out why it doesn't look at poi's sometime. When you go into signal loss mode it only fly's the coordinates but doesn't do the gimbal moves. I just did a quick around the house mission and it worked perfectly. That's when I realized it must be the signal loss thing. So if your doing a Litchi mission, keep it close enough to not lose signal.

I'm not so sure if it's a signal loss thing. I've had signal loss on a mission and it did all the poi's. Then later I would do the same mission and it would do none at all. I think it's just one of the ongoing glitches of Litchi that seems to never get fixed.

I'm not so sure if it's a signal loss thing. I've had signal loss on a mission and it did all the poi's. Then later I would do the same mission and it would do none at all. I think it's just one of the ongoing glitches of Litchi that seems to never get fixed.
I'm glad to hear someone else say that, I think it's Litchi too.

Reactions: Amckim2084
I'm glad to hear someone else say that, I think it's Litchi too.

I've had situations where I would start a mission and the first POI wouldn't work even with signal so I would cancel the mission, bring it back, and just fly around getting some footage to use up the battery. Then pop a fresh battery in and restart the mission. Then all POI's worked perfectly. Weird but that's how Litchi has been since I first started using it back in 2015. All my missions lose signal because I set the waypoints out far but will still work with POI's when it wants to.

Reactions: bronze661
I have just got Litchi but haven't used it yet. How do you use Google Earth?

I thought flying over moving vehicles was illegal?

Well, that’s not all of it but he knows...

As for showing people what it could do, its a good test, and for showing others what it shouldn’t do, it’s useful for that as well. We used an earlier post like this and a nighttime version of it as an example (pro’s and cons included) for my school aviation club! :)

Last edited:
2fb0d2435cf5196999073d5833f8f990.jpg
2fb0d2435cf5196999073d5833f8f990.jpg

Reactions: AMann
I have just got Litchi but haven't used it yet. How do you use Google Earth?
There’s a Google extension for Litchi, then setup in litchi mission hub website. Exports to Google Earth for viewing. Once finished, open in your Litchi app, and fly

Thats the trouble, the settings are correct. I've had many successful flights. It works one day and not the next.

Well, speak of the devil. I updated to latest firmware on my M2Z and controller and Litchi IOS and started having severe glitchiness with POI mode inasmuch as some POI’s seemed to function properly, but other POI’s would result in the gimbal jerking or pointing WAY below the actual POI or even behaving like your video (ie, as if it wasn’t in POI mode at all on some POIs). Did a gimbal recalibration, sensor recalibration, and IMU recalibration just for good measure, but same result. To make sure I wasn’t doing anything differently, I ran a couple of the same missions as I did several months ago (without modifying mission), and they also glitched pretty severely and not even consistently on the same mission twice in a row.. Presume that it’s either the firmware update or the Litchi program update. As such I intend to roll back the firmware (and the Litchi program if I need to) and run the same missions again and compare results. My guess is that the glitches will go away with previous firmware and/or software. Will report back what I discover.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters