DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My M2P is not feeling well, need help.

Tbase

Reactions
I have a new M2P (my first drone) that's only about 10 days old, with about 9 batteries worth of uneventful flights (about 15 or so, since some batteries supported multiple launches and landings). I spent hours upon hours, even before receiving the drone, reviewing documentation and tutorials. So I'm pretty familiar with how it works, and am getting the hang of it nicely but I'm stumped by an error message I got yesterday: "Forward right vision sensor error". There doesn't appear to be anything physically obvious... the A/C has been handled with extreme care. GO 4 indicated the firmware was "abnormal" but I checked and had the latest version. I refreshed via Assistant 2, and the error still exists. Any suggestions? And if worse comes to worse, is this covered by any warranty (I don't have the DJI Refresh)?
Thanx, Steve (Tbase)

I have a new M2P (my first drone) that's only about 10 days old, with about 9 batteries worth of uneventful flights (about 15 or so, since some batteries supported multiple launches and landings). I spent hours upon hours, even before receiving the drone, reviewing documentation and tutorials. So I'm pretty familiar with how it works, and am getting the hang of it nicely but I'm stumped by an error message I got yesterday: "Forward right vision sensor error". There doesn't appear to be anything physically obvious... the A/C has been handled with extreme care. GO 4 indicated the firmware was "abnormal" but I checked and had the latest version. I refreshed via Assistant 2, and the error still exists. Any suggestions? And if worse comes to worse, is this covered by any warranty (I don't have the DJI Refresh)?
Thanx, Steve (Tbase)

It said "abnormal" and not "inconsistent"? If you have more than one battery, each has to be upgraded, too. Using Assistant, place battery in turn on, upgrade, turn off, next battery, turn on, etc.

Otherwise, yes, it should be covered by warranty. And sorry about your issues.

Try calibrate vision sensors. You will know more then
Thanx, Steve (Tbase)

Sorry, I should have done a forum search before I posted. I'll try recalibrating the sensors via DJI A2 and post an update later. But now that you mention it, when I did my initial sensor calibration all went well up to a point whereby I could not "follow the blue square", so I just ended the calibration. If that happens again I'll try a different computer/monitor. If that is indeed the issue, it's odd that I had no errors for the first 15 or so flights.

Sorry, I should have done a forum search before I posted. I'll try recalibrating the sensors via DJI A2 and post an update later. But now that you mention it, when I did my initial sensor calibration all went well up to a point whereby I could not "follow the blue square", so I just ended the calibration. If that happens again I'll try a different computer/monitor. If that is indeed the issue, it's odd that I had no errors for the first 15 or so flights.

Dont give up until its calibrated.

What aircraft are you flying in your avatar?

Its not computer fault. You must have the Assistent version explicitly for Mavic2.
I had the same problem. My general Assistant version was discontinued and i was trying to calibrate with it - couldnt get it done.
Get the right version of assistant uninstall the old, install the new and all will be super smooth

Reactions: Former Member
Its not computer fault. You must have the Assistent version explicitly for Mavic2.
I had the same problem. My general Assistant version was discontinued and i was trying to calibrate with it - couldnt get it done.
Get the right version of assistant uninstall the old, install the new and all will be super smooth

I think he has the right version. If you read the OP again, he started calibrating it already.

I think he has the right version. If you read the OP again, he started calibrating it already.
with the old version i started to calibrate it already as well... and had hard time to get aligned the squares - exactly as he did, as he described why he interrupted the calibration...
I did read the OP. Did you?

... all went well up to a point whereby I could not "follow the blue square", so I just ended the calibration. If that happens again I'll try a different computer/monitor...
I have read where some have succeeded by changing the monitor screen resolution.

Usually if it is a screen issue, it won't even begin calibration.

I don't think any changes are made to the existing calibration until you complete the new one, so cancelling a calibration shouldn't break anything.

Thanx, Steve (Tbase)
Try calibrating the sensors in DJI assistant 2 . That should fix it . The mp2 has a lot of sensors so it’ll take a minute but you shouldn’t have to do it again it again for awhile . Good luck n lets us know

What aircraft are you flying in your avatar?
That's a Triple-7! It was one of my "cockpit incursions", in which I'd visit the flight deck with my camera, before they close the door (pilots like to show off!). Sometimes they even offer me their seat for a photo op, like in this case. I wasn't quite happy with the lighting of the shot so I gave it to a friend to fix in Photoshop. The wiseguy added clouds out the window, while he was at it!

Uh oh! I tried recalibrating the vision sensors and the first thing I saw was that there was no signal/image coming from the fwd right sensor... that screen was black! Would someone please guide me on how to begin a chat with DJI support? This is very disappointing; it's a new unit and I'm certain I've done everything correctly.

Uh oh! I tried recalibrating the vision sensors and the first thing I saw was that there was no signal/image coming from the fwd right sensor... that screen was black! Would someone please guide me on how to begin a chat with DJI support? This is very disappointing; it's a new unit and I'm certain I've done everything correctly.
[email protected]

Reactions: Pdunnuck
I have a new M2P (my first drone) that's only about 10 days old, with about 9 batteries worth of uneventful flights (about 15 or so, since some batteries supported multiple launches and landings). (Tbase)

Just FYI you should never start a flight on a battery that isn't freshly charged to 100%. Probably not a big deal if you are flying around in your backyard or whatever, but generally speaking you do not want to do that. Also with best practice being to return home between 20% and 30% battery remaining (for battery health and drone safety), starting a battery half way gone and returning home when you should is not going to leave much flight time left anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS