DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 2 Zoom fell

Flywood

Reactions
My Mavic 2 Zoom suffered extensive damage due to impact with a road. 3 minutes into a flight, I get a disconnected error and my Mavic 2 Zoom fell from the sky. It was approx 312' AGL and smashed onto a road, gimbal camera first.
It was just 382 feet away from me.
The battery pack separated after impact and is missing.

I'm just sick.

Last edited:
Without seeing the flight log I would say this is just a simple battery dis connect .
This can happen when you do not properly put the battery in or if the battery had already started to swell .

I am not going to say its common but there are quite a few posts of similar nature.
Its one of the Reason why so many people use straps and in our case the Battery Covers to seal the Battery Air Tight around its perimeter/

Honestly this kind of incident can happen to anyone , , you wont let happen again if in case the logs show this to be true.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Seal the Battery Air Tight

Reactions: tlswift58
Well, seconds into a flight, I get a disconnected error and my Mavic 2 Zoom fell from the sky. It was approx 312' AGL and smashed onto a road, gimbal camera first.
It was just 382 feet away from me.
The battery pack separated after impact and is missing.
At the time data stopped, the drone had been flying fast, straight ahead for 10 seconds with no sudden changes of speed or direction.
The drone was in stable flight and the data just stops with no changes in pitch, roll or yaw data.

This suggests a sudden total loss of power, rather than a collision.

Here's the flight log.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-04_[18-12-00].txt
    424.7 KB · Views: 16
Seems the battery might have popped off during flight. Maybe trace to route it flew, and you might find the battery. If it’s a good distance from the crash site, that’s probably the case. Otherwise the battery should be near the crash site.

Reactions: tlswift58
Feel for you @Flywood as it would be quite devastating to watch that happen to your drone.

The M2 range has had quite a lot of issues with batteries popping out, no where for the swelling to be displaced if they are slightly older and beginning to swell, or if flying hard (climbing at approx 45 degrees to distance out ?) and they swell slightly (more) in flight.

The battery pack is likely missing because it happened up at 312' and it fell separate to the drone body from altitude.

No Refresh or insurance ?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123