DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic air moves left and right when you roll the gimbal pitch control

wes93j

Reactions
Okay this is a crazy one I know but this is true approximately 3 weeks ago out of the blue when I try to adjust the pitch of the gimbal on my mavic air up or down the Drone would move left or right if I push the pitch roller up the Drone goes to the right. Roll the controller down and it moves to the left I'm talkin high speed to the left and right. I keep up with all the firmware updates and calibrations. And never been crashed I handle it with kid gloves. Anybody ever heard of that??

Okay I sure will it's raining here where I am in Florida right now so there's no way to send it today but tomorrow if it's a better day I'll make one and show the problem. It's very strange I've never seen one do that it's like it's getting the signal to go right or left by me rolling the gimbal up and down.... and the gamble is rolling up and down at the same time......

Weird. I've certainly never heard of that! I suggest you take a short demo flight to illustrate what's happening, then upload the log file here. There are experts waiting to make sense of this!

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I sure will as soon as the rain stops and the sun popped out tomorrow if it's not raining I'll do a short demo.
I responded to this a second ago but I don't know if it went out

I sure will as soon as the rain stops and the sun popped out tomorrow if it's not raining I'll do a short demo.
I responded to this a second ago but I don't know if it went out
Just curious ... does the AC move Left/Right if you try to control the gimbal by dragging up/down on the screen? Or is only the gimbal dial affected?

It's just the gimbal dial. I've never really tried the screen of the phone to move the gimbal up and down I always use the controller I tried today and I did make a video but I could not get it uploaded on this site for you I'm still working on that
Just curious ... does the AC move Left/Right if you try to control the gimbal by dragging up/down on the screen? Or is only the gimbal dial affected?

Reactions: pvs
It's just the gimbal dial. I've never really tried the screen of the phone to move the gimbal up and down I always use the controller I tried today and I did make a video but I could not get it uploaded on this site for you I'm still working on that
Interesting, I'll leave it to folks who know more about it, but I THINK this narrows the search down to the RC.

Interesting, I'll leave it to folks who know more about it, but I THINK this narrows the search down to the RC.
Now I'm going to throw another curveball at you.. if I hold the red button on the left side of the controller that I have a picture of here attached and roll the roller up and down it stays in one place I don't know how I figured that out .. just playing around with it. so if I'm up in the air and I want to move the gimbal up or down I have to hold that red button down .. yea yeah I know.. I did make a short video today but for some reason I can't get it uploaded. Believe me it's happening and I've tried everything from going back to default settings I did that several times do all my IMU.... nothing's helping it

20190128_190915.jpeg

I think you may have already answered, but is this RC using stock firmware? Or has it been modded at all?

And, has it ever (recently?) been dropped, or suffered an impact?

I use the DJI assistant on my computer and download the updated firmware that's all I know....... I'm not sure what you mean by modded

I use the DJI assistant on my computer and download the updated firmware that's all I know....... I'm not sure what you mean by modded
Yeah, no, it sounds like you're just using the stock firmware. It was just an idea that I had, as I DO see people here on the forum who tinker a bit. This is a puzzling problem, but alas, I am really a beginner, so I hope someone who knows more than I might poke into this thread and offer some better help.

Thunderdrones?

Just another quick thought here... Maybe go into DJI Assistant 2 and roll it back to the last firmware, and then re-up it to current. Maybe, just maybe, reflashing the firmware might fix your issue. Might be worth a shot.

Yeah I mean I bought that mavic air and fell in love with it I've been using it now for a solid year no issues no issues and now this just started maybe 3 weeks ago I'm going to work on tomorrow trying to send you out a short video I just cannot get it to upload today.. I've been flying now probably three years I've had three different drawings as well but I've never had no one to like this

Believe me I have calibrated the IMU several times I've hooked it up to the computer and refreshed it several times I've taken everything back down to default settings I've done everything I can think of and still still it goes right and left when I turn the controller up or down the camera moves up and down as well but it goes to the right at the same time or the left at the same time. For some reason I can't seem to get a video uploaded onto this site to show everyone.
I had a similar issue a few weeks back. Calibrate your IMU. See if it works for you.

Reactions: Sir Maxwell Greene
Okay this is a crazy one I know but this is true approximately 3 weeks ago out of the blue when I try to adjust the pitch of the gimbal on my mavic air up or down the Drone would move left or right if I push the pitch roller up the Drone goes to the right. Roll the controller down and it moves to the left I'm talkin high speed to the left and right. I keep up with all the firmware updates and calibrations. And never been crashed I handle it with kid gloves. Anybody ever heard of that??

I have the same problem with my Mavic Air. I tried everything I can to solved this but when I calibrate the gimbal it work the Mavic is no longer turn.

Hi wes! I have exactly the same problem!

Some weeks ago the RC started to beep continuously as soon as I turned it on. Sometimes it would stop beeping as soon as it was connected to the aircraft, other times it wouldn't stop at all, it was really annoying!
I tried to calibrate the RC several times and suddenly it stopped doing this.

However a bigger problem came some days ago. Now when i use the wheel to tilt the camera up and down the camera actually goes up or down but at the same time the aircraft goes to the right or to the left. I tried to calibrate the RC again but it didn't help.

I have tried to downgrade the firmware. I tested and it would do the same. I upgraded it again to the last version and the problem is still there.

I have just taken two pictures calibrating the RC and you can see there that when I use the wheel it was like if I was moving the right controller stick too. I will try to upload it here. Oh and better, after this RC calibration (and after two/three weeks) the beeping has just returned...

Did you solve the problem wes? My solution was when i wanted to use the wheel I would put the right controller a little bit to the right or to the left to compensate the unwanted lateral movement that the wheel is doing to the aircraft. But as you can imagine it got much more complicated to make a decent movie...

Does anyoone has any idea about how to stop the beeping now?

Attachments

• IMG_20190614_110319.jpg
    IMG_20190614_110319.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20190614_110324.jpg
    IMG_20190614_110324.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 28
Hi! I have the same problem here. Its start about 3 or 4 weeks ago. The first thing to happen is the RC beeping and not stop, and after I notice the mavic air rolling when I tilt gimbal down or up.

I've just had my RC replaced by DJI for a phantom yaw issue, I'd be putting my money on it not being a calibration problem but an issue with the type of sticks and wheels used.
EDIT: Meant to say in short, RC hardware is faulty..

Someone in the thread I discussed in mentioned they use "Hall effect" which is a mechanical movement (sticks or wheel) translated to a magnetic field generated and interpreted by sensors.
May find the wheel is faulty and it's playing silly buggers with the other magnetic sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000