DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Mini has problems

kloogee

Reactions
So far, my Mavic Mini experience hasn't gone so well.
1. At least 50% of my video is completely unusable due to shaky footage. I think the Mini I got just is a dud, so I'm returning it to get a new one.
2. Secondly, had a crazy fly away where it lost its mind for several seconds and hit 65.8mph before it recovered itself.
3. Aircraft power insufficient messages all of the time. It seems to continue working fine, but a confidence killer when flying over a river (etc).
4. Connection signal will show full bars, but will get breakup and pauses in the signal (pretty standard for all Wifi base drones)

It is the first 2 items that are the main reason I'm returning mine back to BB and getting a new one. Hopefully the new one won't have the same #1 & #2 issues. Pretty sure #3 & #4 will still be there in almost all the Mavic Mini's. Hopefully with a firmware update, they can fix #3.

1. At least 50% of my video is completely unusable due to shaky footage. I think the Mini I got just is a dud, so I'm returning it to get a new one.
2. Secondly, had a crazy fly away where it lost its mind for several seconds and hit 65.8mph before it recovered itself.
I returned mine to Best Buy and they charged me 75.00 restocking fee. Even though the charge port wasn’t working right. They didn’t want to hear it. Said it was open. So expect to pay 75.00 or if you got dji care use that. Cheaper.
3. Aircraft power insufficient messages all of the time. It seems to continue working fine, but a confidence killer when flying over a river (etc).
4. Connection signal will show full bars, but will get breakup and pauses in the signal (pretty standard for all Wifi base drones)

It is the first 2 items that are the main reason I'm returning mine back to BB and getting a new one. Hopefully the new one won't have the same #1 & #2 issues. Pretty sure #3 & #4 will still be there in almost all the Mavic Mini's. Hopefully with a firmware update, they can fix #3.

Wow, that looked super fast... You are the record holder for sure, few blocks in few seconds :) Looks like UFO intercepted it:)

I have none of those issues, I can hit both sticks forward and I'm not getting any battery errors, flew today below 0C in snow, -5C video super smooth.

Video breakup could be a slow phone, what phone are you using? I can reproduce this on iPhone 6s, but only when recording the screen, if I do not record the screen it never happens, when I take my wife's phone iPhone 11, it does not happen at all even with the screen recording. If you have iPhone go to Settings->Battery->check the time when it happen and what was Activity percentage.

i just flew mine yesterday.. i had rc transmitter disconnects ... it would not reconnect back up or come home in fact there is not option to say hey come home on transmitter disconnect it just sits there... i used a aftermarket cable the one that dji supplies is for phones only i used a ipad mini 2 it lagged so bad hit record and cpu overload.. but sure my p3 pro does just fine on it hmm and it has a far more bit rate than this little drone... so i dropped 140 bucks and bought an iPhone 7 on ebay.. all i could afford so i could use the cable provided i noticed if i hit the cable with my hand seeing how its not 90 degrees and straight out it caused the whole radio controller to glitch and disconnect the spark at least let you fly without the video feed so if you could see it you could bring it back.. folks i would not trust this thing to go more than where you can walk and wait for it to drop outta the sky or know where it is.. why because mine hovered for 5 minutes and no remote control. then it came back and it was fine when i touched the cable the cable on the remote is square i think thats the issue so you have to use a iPhone with it.. you cant use a tablet well you can if you connect the cable it comes with with another one and go from there but come on.... it should return to home.. i dunno maybe im missing something in the menus?

it seems they made it too simple i want to be able to adjust everything like on my phantom.. i have no fear of flying my phantom far why its stable the 5.8 ghz too only gives you 5 channels what gives theres way more than that... also the remote can do 2.4 so please someone hack the app and give us full control.. dji.. you really need to add the stuff you have in dji go 4 back in... i dont like it hovering and not returning to home..

also the blades are cheap and bend and putting in its box you can snap them off... it does get about 20 minutes maybe less the 30 minute thing aint a fact.. at 3.5 per cell you are at 50 % so how they get that 30 minutes is foce the batts down to 2.8 volts.. aka thats bad 3.0 is dead in lith ion.. some bats in the wiki from Samsung can go to 2.5 volts but really the way they push the 30 minute is to lie and force the voltages soo low l.also it says recharge batts soon.. in promts yes i know durrrrr.... aka dont leave them dead why lol they forced them down so low thats why there afraid youll damage them.. so dji slapped this thing together and disappointed me.. now i got another 150 bucks into a phone and if it still disconnects its the app or the actual transmitter or drone.. also a tablet is full screen the app wont let you go full screen also on the box it forces you to use a phone i dont wanna use a phone i want a tablet.. come on dji.. you disapoited us again

i may have figured out my issue i read somewhere that the app requires data and you to be logged onto dji.. so you need a cell phone connection i didnt get these rc errors when i was at home in my backyard on my wifi network but in the field i didnt use my hotspot.. so yea.. if you cant afford a cell phone data plan then your screwed .. it still may be the cable but if its the data.. then your gonna have to get a phone that works and use a hotspot or use your phones data iPhone data i mean... well see

i may have figured out my issue i read somewhere that the app requires data and you to be logged onto dji.. so you need a cell phone connection i didnt get these rc errors when i was at home in my backyard on my wifi network but in the field i didnt use my hotspot.. so yea.. if you cant afford a cell phone data plan then your screwed .. it still may be the cable but if its the data.. then your gonna have to get a phone that works and use a hotspot or use your phones data iPhone data i mean... well see
It must be the cable... I've been using an old iPad mini off network with no issues

That seems to be caused by vibration. Did you check the propellers for damage or being bended? Or does one propeller blade not turn freely around its screw?

Did you calibrate your compass before your first flight? Remember, its factory calibration has been done far away at China with different magnetic conditions and even during transport the calibration could get damaged due to strong magnetic fields around the box.
Besides that, I have read some time ago, that DJI drones can do an emmergency calibration in flight by just rotating a few times by yaw axis. Never tried it by myself as I have never run into that problem with my drones.

I have read in another thread that DJI is actually working on that to be fixed with a future firmware release.

I have a phone but fly always in airplane mode in case my wife decide to call me. Besides initial first-time activation, you do not need data to fly it, just pre-cache map of the flying area if you want to see the map during flight, or don't if you do not want to look at the map. Logs stay on the phone and are not uploaded to DJI until you enable sync in settings, sync is disabled by default. I can confirm you do not need data, this drone is perfect for flying on vacation in Cuba for example, where there is no signal in most of the places.

Ok, so I've had shaky video, many video cutouts while flying and controller disconnects-despite the controller showing full bars with the signal indicator.

I also seem to have the problem where it does not save my RTH setting.

Video results are shaky, jerky, pixelated, and have a strange abnormality across the bottom. The SD card is the same I've used on my M2P with no problems. I've recalibrated both the compass and the gimbal.

Here's an example of the video:

Others?

Z

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada