DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro Platinum is disconnecting from GPS satelites when engines are running

GhostCMAZ

Reactions
Hello I have bought Mavic Pro Platinum a while ago, then I crashed it and I had to replace few body parts and cables, I got it back from repair for 3 days and I was flying it everything was ok, but yesterday I was flying in a nice weather no wind and after about 15mins of flight my drone went into ATTI mode and started drifting away, I managed to get it back to me and land it but since then its having some problems with GPS, I tried restarting it and it looked like everything is normal there was around 15 satelites and the signal was full, but when I turned on the motors and when they started working the drone lost connection to all satelites and there was no signal, i let it hover for few minutes and it got connected to few satelites with very weak signal, I tried to ascend but when the motors started working harder the drone lost connection to GPS again and went into ATTI mode, I tried again and again in several spots, I tried recalibrating all compasses but the same problem appears, and it seems that it happens just when the motors turn on, or once i get it in the air and let it hover for few mins and get few satelites then i try to move it and as the motors work more the GPS seems to disconnect, I have tried using another phone, i discharged controller and batteries, charged them again, i tried reinstalling the app but it doesnt help, when I look at the status of the compasses it shows like they are ok but once the motors run the compass 1 is beign interfered, and also when i land the drone and turn the motors off its connecting to like 15 satelites straight away, and then I run the motors again and its like there are no satelites and no signal, i have uploaded 2 flight logs and 2 DAT files from my flight log, the earlier log is the flight where it happened first, I am not so good with this I am acctually new into drones and really love the experience and I hope somebody here who knows more than me can help out, Thanks

Attachments

• 21-08-24-03-35-27_FLY086.DAT
    512 bytes · Views: 8
  • 21-08-24-03-45-47_FLY087.DAT
    142.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-08-24_[15-36-12].txt
    514.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-08-24_[18-38-19].txt
    339.2 KB · Views: 2
@GhostCMAZ it would seem that there could be a bad connection inside the drone where the GPS module connects to the main board,also another thing that can cause interference to the navigation system is how the motor wires were routed from the arms to the ESC's were any of the arms replaced during the repair

@GhostCMAZ it would seem that there could be a bad connection inside the drone where the GPS module connects to the main board,also another thing that can cause interference to the navigation system is how the motor wires were routed from the arms to the ESC's were any of the arms replaced during the repair
I was thinking of the motor cables not being twisted but i have to open it to see if thats the issue

Reactions: old man mavic
I agree with old man Mavic about routing of wires..
Also the gps module wires might have become loose at the solder connection to main board or the gps module itself is bad..
Was it a reputable company that did ur repairs?
I’ve changed my gps module due to faulty soldering from dji…

Reactions: old man mavic
Hello I have bought Mavic Pro Platinum a while ago, then I crashed it and I had to replace few body parts and cables, I got it back from repair for 3 days and I was flying it everything was ok, but yesterday I was flying in a nice weather no wind and after about 15mins of flight my drone went into ATTI mode and started drifting away, I managed to get it back to me and land it but since then its having some problems with GPS, I tried restarting it and it looked like everything is normal there was around 15 satelites and the signal was full, but when I turned on the motors and when they started working the drone lost connection to all satelites and there was no signal, i let it hover for few minutes and it got connected to few satelites with very weak signal, I tried to ascend but when the motors started working harder the drone lost connection to GPS again and went into ATTI mode, I tried again and again in several spots, I tried recalibrating all compasses but the same problem appears, and it seems that it happens just when the motors turn on, or once i get it in the air and let it hover for few mins and get few satelites then i try to move it and as the motors work more the GPS seems to disconnect, I have tried using another phone, i discharged controller and batteries, charged them again, i tried reinstalling the app but it doesnt help, when I look at the status of the compasses it shows like they are ok but once the motors run the compass 1 is beign interfered, and also when i land the drone and turn the motors off its connecting to like 15 satelites straight away, and then I run the motors again and its like there are no satelites and no signal, i have uploaded 2 flight logs and 2 DAT files from my flight log, the earlier log is the flight where it happened first, I am not so good with this I am acctually new into drones and really love the experience and I hope somebody here who knows more than me can help out, Thanks
Time to contact the Repair Facility and ship it back, if a reputable one. Seems they didn't do a good post-op checkout before sending it back to you.

Check your front arms where the wires from them connect to the drone. Antennas are in the front legs. You can also remove the legs and check connections.

Hello so I managed to open it today and twist the cables little bit more, they were also out of the hooks that hold them, i put them all in their place and closed the drone and i wanted to test it but now it shows that compass 1 is disconnected, so I guess it must be something with soldering?

Attachments

• 20210825_140159.jpg
    20210825_140159.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
So today I got some soldering kit from my friend and after I took off the white rubber thing from top of the cables that connect to the module board I seen that the soldering was very tiny and one of the cables was very loose I acctually pulled it off the old solder with very little force, so i resolded all the cables again and put my mavic together and turned it on to see full signal and 19 satelites connected, i took it out for a test flight and flew about 2km away from home point with small interference while I was hovering above my house but its pretty normal as there is lots of metal objects and houses etc. But the drone flew perfect until the battery was drained without any problem so Thank you everyone for good advice and help :)

Hello so I managed to open it today and twist the cables little bit more, they were also out of the hooks that hold them, i put them all in their place and closed the drone and i wanted to test it but now it shows that compass 1 is disconnected, so I guess it must be something with soldering?
Looks like the person that did your repair didn't even take the time to to replace the silicone "stays" on the wires. I agree with one of the contributors above. Sounds like a faulty connection or solder joint. When the aircraft is sitting on the ground with motors off there is no vibration, after starting motors there must be sufficient vibration to make the fault appear. I would remove the silicone on GPS module and check solder joints. Make sure you replace silicone. Some use hot glue to get same result. Also inspect wires going into connector to be sure there is continuity from end of wires on GPS and plug contacts. It does not sound like there is anything wrong with the GPS module itself. When you get a "Compass 1 disconnected" error it all makes sense. #1 compass is inside GPS module.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_