DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic pro platinum is getting further range than my new mavic 2 pro

simonhpaton

Reactions
Unfortunately my mavic pro platinum is getting further range than my new mavic 2 pro. In the inner suburbs of Melbourne Australia, I've made multiple flights from my parents house in Toorak. I fly along the Yarra River. I've flown the same flight at the same time and conditions & everytime I'm getting a good 200 meters further than my new mavic 2 pro. My mavic pro platinum gets to the MCG stadium. While my mavic 2 pro doesn't reach the MCG stadium. ?? I assume the new mavic 2 pro with opti-sinc 2 that DJI states it has 1km extra range & better transmission, that the mavic 2 pro should at least get the same range. And should get further range than opti-sinc 1 from the mavic pro platinum. In my case, this isn't happening. I'm aware that some mavic airs only reach approximately 400 meters. The owners get a replacement & they are getting approximately 1200 meters in urban areas. Should I take the mavic 2 pro & ask for a replacement? Any suggestions / advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I’d say you’re not the only one who has notice this. My Mavic 2 Pro can do about 4,000 feet before cutting out. Hoping they fix this with a firmware update. My buddies M2 zoom has the same thing, less than a mile. Flying at multiple locations. It’s deifnitely not 5 miles as advertised..

Reactions: simonhpaton
I’d say you’re not the only one who has notice this. My Mavic 2 Pro can do about 4,000 feet before cutting out. Hoping they fix this with a firmware update. My buddies M2 zoom has the same thing, less than a mile. Flying at multiple locations. It’s deifnitely not 5 miles as advertised..
Not sure if I should ask for a replacement. Or for a refund. Thanks for your reply.

That's really strange, my MP1 can go out 7K+ ft w/ minimal video loss in a busy city where I am.
That is stock zero mod w/ old FW....you should reached out to DJI "Product not performing as advertised".

There have been many on this site have report flights in excess 8000 feet and one of 11000 feet. All stock MP2 gear. Then there are reports of short flights and cut outs.

Not sure if it's due to the 5.8 or 2.4 band or not a clear line of sight.

For those with short range issues, have you tried going into the band setting and hit custom and then fixing it to a 2.4. I have always had better distance with the 2.4 setting, than the 5.8, with Occusync on the MPP.

Hopefully there are not QC issues on various controllers.

Paul C

Thanks paul, I will try that. Certainly is a strange issue to have where it doesn’t do that automatically. I have to send my M2P in for gimble issues so I’m going to have them troubleshoot that too.

That is definitely not normal.
I reached with the M2P in open country side 15000ft , over an industrial/harbour area 9500ft.
Never have touched the signal settings. It's all on default.
I wonder why that could be. I've tested it in 2 locations in different directions, same result. What could I do about it?

Im in Europe, reaching 6km with my mavic 2pro, coudn't go more due to battery limitations. I would suggest to re-link your controller to the drone.

Yea where are you guys? If you're in Europe you don't get our range, sorry.

I'm in Australia

Do you normally get to use 5.8Ghz? That's the difference and I could see it being a bigger problem for OS2 than OS1 because the new system relies on switching between the different signals to achieve the greater range. I wonder if some of you are getting European models by mistake? Does your remote have an FCC ID? I wonder how you can tell the difference?

Do you normally get to use 5.8Ghz? That's the difference and I could see it being a bigger problem for OS2 than OS1 because the new system relies on switching between the different signals to achieve the greater range. I wonder if some of you are getting European models by mistake? Does your remote have an FCC ID? I wonder how you can tell the difference?
Yes, I'm on FCC. I've just kept both the mavic pro platinum and the mavic 2 pro in auto. Not manual. Should I go to manual mode and choose the best Ghz?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji