DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro purchase thread...

I_Like_Drones

Reactions
I'm new to the forum and new to 'Droning'.

I have a cheap-ish, dumb drone that I've not flown much to be honest but I'm hooked and I've wanted a Mavic since I first became aware of them.

So I thought I'd document my journey from the beginning through to my first flight :)

I hope to buy the Fly More combo and maybe DJI care/refresh (whatever it is called.)

STEP 1.
I've applied for a new credit card to purchase the Mavic as the new card comes with a 31 months interest free period (may as well) and buying on a credit card may afford me some extra protection.

Regards

ILD

Last edited:
You applied for a new credit card to purchase a Mavic?
Really?

And if so - why do you feel the need to tell everyone?

Reactions: MavicScot
Really?

And if so - why do you feel the need to tell everyone?
Yes.
Really.
I feel this thread may not be for you, please feel free to ignore it.

Reactions: Forrest
But for who would it be except you?
Maybe you are right and I should close this thread.

I just thought it may be fun to document the journey of a person new to droning from the very beginning until he gets his drone in the air.

Yes, because if I can buy it interest free I thought 'why not'

I don't plan on paying it off over the full 31 month interest free period, but I may take 12 months...

For an item worth $1000.. Ok, I keep quiet. Sorry for disturbing your thread.

Oh - what will you do if you crash or drown your mavic?

Oh - what will you do if you crash or drown your mavic?
Get another credit card lol, but seriously no problem in doing what he is doing.

he wants a Mavic he does not have the cash

strange thing is in SE asia they do this all the time even when they have the cash

i know one person who has and always will have more cash than i could dream off yet they bought a phone on interest free credit just because they could.

If he crashes it he crashes it. the guy has a dream let him have his dream and all the expenses that incurs.

His financial situation is not our concern to be honest.

Maybe you are right and I should close this thread.

I just thought it may be fun to document the journey of a person new to droning from the very beginning until he gets his drone in the air.

Do not be put off from just one comment. Think about it and if you think financially you are capable of doing it that way and it suits your needs then go for it.

As for who wants to read the thread if no one does the thread dies and goes into hibernation somewhere in @dirkclod junk yard of dead threads.

enjoy your journey we all started it somewhere.

Reactions: I_Like_Drones

Oh - what will you do if you crash or drown your mavic
?

If I crash or drown my Mavic I will do exactly the same, whether I buy it on credit, with cash, or by using the ancient method of bartering with camels or bushels of wheat!

Only $1000? Is that how much you can buy the Fly More bundle (as detailed in my OP) for? Nice...
But here it costs more....and as other posters have said, I may be CHOOSING to buy on credit as it is INTEREST FREE (again, this was inferred in my OP).

But please...don't feel you have to keep quiet (oh wait, you didn't...) and you didn't disturb my thread. You appear to have made many, many posts and I suspect you are a respected and knowledgeable member of the community and I value your input.

Regards

ILD

If you can do interest free. Why wouldn't you? Money better off in my account earning interest until the end of the interest free, then just pay it :). Makes perfect financial sense. Especially if you already have the money to buy it outright!

If you can do interest free. Why wouldn't you? Money better off in my account earning interest until the end of the interest free, then just pay it :). Makes perfect financial sense. Especially if you already have the money to buy it outright!
Exactly.

strange thing is in SE asia they do this all the time even when they have the cash
And stanger thing in SE asia (at least from where i came from) is, they often offer cashback whenever bought with credit card, like 10-200$ depending on the item
E.g u pay $650 in cash for a phone, or u pay
($650-50$cashback)/12months installment = $50/month x12 = $600

Reactions: I_Like_Drones
And stanger thing in SE asia (at least from where i came from) is, they often offer cashback whenever bought with credit card, like 10-200$ depending on the item
E.g u pay $650 in cash for a phone, or u pay
($650-50$cashback)/12months installment = $50/month x12 = $600
Yes Thailand can be nuts which is exactly why i love it so much i practically live there been going for 11 years have house car motorcycle etc and live between there and here, wherever i need to be).

FINALLY...I have an update.

My new credit card arrived in the post today.

It turns out that the financial institution I have chosen likes to do things the old-fashioned way. They insist on sending out the credit agreement by post and waiting until they have it signed and received back by post before they send a pin number out by post and THEN they send out the actual credit card in the post a few days later.

Ufortunately my chosen retailer is out of stock now!

They will be getting more stock in later this week , argh! The agony...

Anyway, at least now I have a few days to start thinking seriously about the other options.
Whether to get the fly more bundle or buy the bits I want separately.
Whether to get DJI refresh.
Sorting out total loss insurance.

Sod's law lol at least it gives you more prep time to decide what you'll need/get.

Yeah...I'm already compiling a list!
Sunshade
Ipad Mini 2 (eventually)
Prop guards
Memory cards
Memory card holder
ND filters
Multi battery charger
One-piece gimbal lock and dome

:D

While you're waiting, it'd also be a good idea to download the user manual and the DJI Go 4 app so you can do as much learning as you can. The more prep work you do, the quicker you'll get to fly and the safer you'll be.

Oh, and it may be worth investing in a landing mat and some leg extensions.

Finally, I use a couple of extra apps. One is called UAV Forecast and it gives me some guidance on the weather where I want to fly. The other is called Drone Assist which is very useful for showing where I should and shouldn't fly. I'm sure the more experienced members on here will be able to offer advice on other apps etc (I'm still very new to this) but those are the apps that I use.

Good luck and happy flying [emoji846]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3