DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic Pro records video of maximum 9.5 minutes segments

Whiteeskimo

Reactions
Good evening all I have a mavic pro and have had it for quite a while but I've just recently noticed when I'm recording I get a maximum of 9.5 minutes per segment it seems to carry on to the next video of 9.5 minutes but they're chopped up what have I done wrong can someone help me please thank you

what have I done wrong
Nothing. Videos always split around 4 GB. Since there is no way to prevent that from occurring, you'll need to rejoin the videos using a video editor after you're done flying.

Nothing. Videos always split around 4 GB. Since there is no way to prevent that from occurring, you'll need to rejoin the videos using a video editor after you're done flying.
Thanks very much for the helpful advice Msinger
So I guess if I record at a lower quality like it 1080p then I will get a longer video consisting of the 4 gigabytes

So I guess if I record at a lower quality like it 1080p then I will get a longer video consisting of the 4 gigabytes
Right. However, you will eventually hit that limit if you keep recording long videos.

You have to use the NTFS format to get lager file sizes but the Mavic uses FAT.
If you connect your SD card to your PC and go to property's it will show FAT, that is the limiting factor.

I first discovered this when transferring video to an external drive, it was saying not enough room in destination, I had for example an 8 gig file and 600gig free.
At first I thought my hard drive had a problem so formatted it in NTFS and it transferred no problem.

Why your USB drive's file format matters: FAT32 vs. exFAT vs. NTFS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore