DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic projects in iceland

Beautiful..

I'll be in Iceland from 18th March to 24th with my son, itinerary below. Any hints you can give us (apart from stocking up with beers at the airport!)? :)

Iceland.jpg

Reactions: taz
We're using Airbnb, the arrows show the places where we are staying.. :)

Your itinerary looks fun! Are you only visiting Kirkjufell on the Snaefellsnes peninsula? There are 2 other red circles. Also, in the south, the town of Selfoss is just a one stoplight town with a cafe and gas station. The Selfoss waterfall is 6.5 hours to the north of that location, in case you don't have that info. That was not obvious to me at all!

Regards,
cardplayer71

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

We'll play it all by ear and see how much time we have but yes, there are two other places near Kirkjufell that I had ear marked for a visit time permitting.

Thanks for the tip about Selfoss, I have to say that I did get confused about this but the penny dropped a couple of days ago. There are a couple of supermarkets there I believe, which is going to be our source for food and drink as I hear that eating out is really expensive. :eek:

We'll play it all by ear and see how much time we have but yes, there are two other places near Kirkjufell that I had ear marked for a visit time permitting.

Thanks for the tip about Selfoss, I have to say that I did get confused about this but the penny dropped a couple of days ago. There are a couple of supermarkets there I believe, which is going to be our source for food and drink as I hear that eating out is really expensive. :eek:

Indeed the restaurants and convenience stores are pricey! For instance, most soups and appetizers are 1500 to 2000 Krona, and things like burgers range from 2000 to 3500. Entrees range from 3000 to 7000. I was surprised by this, as the airfare and hotel were a good value!

Coffee is about 500 Krona for a small cup.
(Corrected from earlier type of 5000)

Last edited:
Indeed the restaurants and convenience stores are pricey! For instance, most soups and appetizers are 1500 to 2000 Krona, and things like burgers range from 2000 to 3500. Entrees range from 3000 to 7000. I was surprised by this, as the airfare and hotel were a good value!

Coffee is about 5000 Krona for a small cup.

Sorry lol. Coffee is 500.

Apparently, there are people rolling into that town all day asking where to find the waterfall. LOL. There is even a handmade sign along the entry road from the west, that spells this out for unwitting travelers like me, who see a 14-point "SELFOSS" on the map in bold type. :mad:

Lol, did you go there looking for the falls?

Did you go to Haifoss? It's looks crazy mad, cannot wait to film it..

Lol, did you go there looking for the falls?

Did you go to Haifoss? It's looks crazy mad, cannot wait to film it..

Yes, we went to Selfoss for the falls :) Luckily, we were simply on a long day trip, so it did not matter. I did not make it to Haifoss. There are many things I had to leave for a future trip!

I saw the falls at Thingvellir, Seljalandsfoss, Uridafoss, and Kirkjufell. That's about it for falls. I still have to see Gulfoss, Haifoss, Selfoss, and many others!

Thanks Bjorn!

Do you ever have any mag interference issues when flying in Iceland?

Thanks Bjorn!

Do you ever have any mag interference issues when flying in Iceland?

No i havent have any problems flying hear in iceland not yett anywey's hehe

But 1 time i hade strong wierless interference for aboud 20 sec then no problem after that

Ps. I whase flying close 2 celphone tower

No i havent have any problems flying hear in iceland not yett anywey's hehe

But 1 time i hade strong wierless interference for aboud 20 sec then no problem after that

Ps. I whase flying close 2 celphone tower

Cool, thanks Bjorn..

We arrive 2 weeks tomorrow. Do you live in Reykjavik?

I live in keflavík near the airport actuly [emoji4]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS