DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic tried to fly away on me

ldcam21

Reactions
I was inside in attitude mode and tripod mode done it many times, all of a sudden it started drifting up this happened a couple times .one time it flew up to the ceiling would not respond was chewing up my ceiling nothing I can do finally and it landed on its own

So I recalibrate the compass ,this time no tripod mode

And I tied a leash on it ., good thing it did .i started it up went up eye level. And hovered . Then up it went two my ceiling it did not respond
So I pulled it down then it landed and shut off

At one time when flying outside the app lost all connection

Answer

Went to Dji the updated say it was the camera and gamble .

Does this make sense ., I hope so I should get it back soon

Options please

Thanks

Remember there are limitations to the sensors. Indoors the MP will be relying on the downward cameras and ultrasonic sensors for positioning and maintaining altitude, respectively.

If you fly over a surface without clearly distinct "features" (like a pattern, irregular objects and shapes, etc.), for example a uniform colored carpet, the cameras can't detect horizontal movement and maintain a precise (within inches) position in hover. Also, low light can result in this problem, even if there are distinct patterns/features in the surface below.

In terms of altitude, the ultrasonic sensors work best with a smooth, hard, flat surface that reflects sound well. A hardwood or concrete floor is a good example. Anything soft, or highly irregular, that will absorb or scatter sound reflections will not work. Examples are thick carpet, bedding, towels, etc. When moving around in Tripod Mode, if you fly over your bed for example, the aircraft can complete lose precision altitude and have to fall back to the barometric altimeter, which is far less precise.

Bottom line: If you plan to fly your MP in your house, make sure the flight path is clear, the floor surface below will give a good ultrasonic return, lighting is bright. This is really NOT and indoor drone (like one of the toy nanos), is quite powerful, and if it gets confused can do a lot of damage, not to mention really injure someone severely.

Don't fly your Mavic indoors casually. Get something like one of these for that:

b84cbb5a-14ed-44eb-941d-0ba1f3aec45f.jpg

Reactions: Brunovic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143