DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Was Shot Out of the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgr33n

Reactions
As the title says, someone shot down my Mavic. I was about 30ft away. It crashed onto their property, and after the walked it out to me. I immediately checked out the video and sure enough it appears he took it out with an air rifle (two props).

What should I do now? I've called local LE and am currently waiting a return call. I've contacted the FAA but their office is closed for the day. Will call again tomorrow.

What I need is assistance getting my flight log off my phone and also if it can be proven the reason it crashed was rotor speed suddenly having a problem.

So you have the footage then,. Was it a kid ?

UPDATE! Local sheriff just left my house. He viewed the video, took a copy, and he will be seeking malicious mischief and reckless endangerment charges. I was approximately 100ft AGL when he landed the first shot, iirc. My bother was also with me and is being treated as a witness. I will be contacting the local FAA office in the morning and seeking guidance on how to proceed.

This house has been a huge problem in my area for some time now. I sincerely hope there can be some prosecution happening. He fired multiple projectiles which is dangerous in and of itself, but also caused a risk of my Mavic coming down on nearby power lines, a road, or even people. Also, I don't know what condition the internals are in so I do not know if I should trust it to fly. So I'm currently out of a drone....

Anyway, I will not lose the video. It has been copied a few times already just in case. I will upload and share it soon, likely tomorrow after my chat with the FAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys