DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mini 2 loses connection mid flight

David Smith

Reactions
Hello, world. I think I asked this question a while back. But I have to ask again. Does your DJI fly app turn off mid-flight? My phone just returns to the front page, showing all my apps. I don't panic anymore. The drone just hovers where it lost contact. What a machine eh!!
I just tap the DJI icon. The app opens. We are back in control again. The good thing about when this happens. I can still tap the RTH button, and home it comes. All by itself. How clever. I've replaced the double-ended short 'C' type cable three times with genuine DJI ones. I never fly without everything fully charged. And over open fields. So no interference. So, Does yours do that irrespective of what model you have?
Please help. Just that, one day it may not come home.
David in the UK

Hello, world. I think I asked this question a while back. But I have to ask again. Does your DJI fly app turn off mid-flight? My phone just returns to the front page, showing all my apps. I don't panic anymore. The drone just hovers where it lost contact. What a machine eh!!
I just tap the DJI icon. The app opens. We are back in control again. The good thing about when this happens. I can still tap the RTH button, and home it comes. All by itself. How clever. I've replaced the double-ended short 'C' type cable three times with genuine DJI ones. I never fly without everything fully charged. And over open fields. So no interference. So, Does yours do that irrespective of what model you have?
David in the UK

Good you got it back David.
There should be some clue in the flight log, have you downloaded those before ?

If not, go here . . . section 3 runs you through that . . .

This might allow analysis of what happened, and see if it can be avoided in future.

Morning David from Aussie! Have had exactly this problem two days ago. I have been using a Samsung Galaxy S2 for some time now with no problem but it suddenly happened - had the drone out over the sea filming a headland. Like you, just let everything go knowing the drone would just hover and wait for the next command. Re started the Fly app and it immediately connected and allow as well.

I contacted DJI Support and they just advised that the Galaxy S2 was not on the "approved" list. They sent me the approved lists but I noticed that under the Apple list, there were no iPads as I would be quite happy to change over as the Fly app seems far more stable on Apple devices! I do have an iPhone XR bought specifically for flying so will use that for now.

Scary doin a hover over the water,,I'm set RTH ,,only used fly couple of times,seems over demanding on the poor device,I've not had it happen but I using litchi instead,

David in the UK

Hi David, what phone are you using, I use the iPhone X but normally a iPad mini 5, and never had this problem, cheers Len

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka