DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My most cinematic film yet. Durlston Castle and Anvil Point Lighthouse on Jurassic Coast, UK

Hate it, only because with the name of Jurassic Coast I expect a John Williams Fanfare and dinosaurs ??
Well if you go there you will understand why it is called that, because it is FULL of fossils dating back about 185 million years ago. Just dig around a bit and you will see why it has that name.

We are traveling from US to UK next may...any words of wisdom on filming in UK would be appreciated. Of course I can’t fly in London, but we are visiting Cotswold area as well, before heading out to France and Italy
If you are visiting the Cotswold area then you MUST make an effort to drive into and visit the little beautiful village of Castle Coombe and take a walk in the grounds of the huge hotel there, lots of movie stars have stayed at that hotel. The little bridge over the little river on the grounds should be in bloom with the trees of pink flowers all around it, you will be so pleased you made the effort, and also visit Bourton on the Water.

Well if you go there you will understand why it is called that, because it is FULL of fossils dating back about 185 million years ago. Just dig around a bit and you will see why it has that name.
I'm pretty sure the United Kingdom would frown on a po-dunk drone pilot from the states digging around the English countryside while flying his mavic 2. What would they call that? Randy? Ducky?

I'm pretty sure the United Kingdom would frown on a po-dunk drone pilot from the states digging around the English countryside while flying his mavic 2. What would they call that? Randy? Ducky?
Looking for the the fossils is perfectly legal and not frowned upon. No one to check your passport path the cost either. As for removing them from the country later I'm pretty sure it would be fine but probably worth checking.

Nice one!

Reactions: Derlisz
Looking for the the fossils is perfectly legal and not frowned upon. No one to check your passport path the cost either. As for removing them from the country later I'm pretty sure it would be fine but probably worth checking.
Well that's interesting, I had no idea. Thank you for enlightening me this morning sir!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000