DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Neighborhood

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am in self-quarantine so I am going stir crazy. I decided to watch a few videos about video settings and decided to run a test filming with the settings for Mavic 2 Pro, using D-Log M, and H.265, 4K, 30 fps. I used an ND 16 filter. This video was shot from the end of my driveway.

I did a short video and color corrected it in Adobe Premiere Pro, added a perky music track and published it. I am amazed with the resulting colors, vividness, details in the tree leaves, and the popping of the clouds. I live in a residential neighborhood in South Miami. From looking at this video, you would think I lived in a forest, since South Miami is so full of trees. The buildings on the horizon are our local commercial center. Our summer is rapidly approaching to the point where it will be too hot go out.

I am in self-quarantine so I am going stir crazy. I decided to watch a few videos about video settings and decided to run a test filming with the settings for Mavic 2 Pro, using D-Log M, and H.265, 4K, 30 fps. I used an ND 16 filter. This video was shot from the end of my driveway.

I did a short video and color corrected it in Adobe Premiere Pro, added a perky music track and published it. I am amazed with the resulting colors, vividness, details in the tree leaves, and the popping of the clouds. I live in a residential neighborhood in South Miami. From looking at this video, you would think I lived in a forest, since South Miami is so full of trees. The buildings on the horizon are our local commercial center. Our summer is rapidly approaching to the point where it will be too hot go out.
Nice Video . . .nice neighbourhood . . !!

As always Dale, another excellent video

What I like about those Mavic Pros is the amazing amount of information you can extract from the video, color and dynamic range.

Not that you need a Mavic Pro to produce stunning content... during this time I'd feel blessed if only I could shoot something w/ my Mavic Mini without risking of being shot down or arrested ;)

What I like about those Mavic Pros is the amazing amount of information you can extract from the video, color and dynamic range.

Not that you need a Mavic Pro to produce stunning content... during this time I'd feel blessed if only I could shoot something w/ my Mavic Mini without risking of being shot down or arrested ;)
Well the whole idea is to always shoot in RAW. With RAW files you get so much more data so that even if you think you have lost details in the dark (usually foregrounds of a brightly lit sky) you can recover those details in post processing. Of course, all of my timelapse sequences are shot in RAW and processed in Lightroom before the LRTimelapse program processes them as jpgs.

If I can share a little secret I've found out that MM videos are incredibly detailed for what I believe is a design choice. While the Pros can take advantage of their high bit-rate and video prowess... the Mini can rely on having very low spatial and temporal Noise Reduction.

Attached: a still frame grab from one of my graded MM clips, the triangles show the original picture.

Attachments

• Dusk_Dawn_Fx_000000_COMP.jpg
    Dusk_Dawn_Fx_000000_COMP.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 11
If I can share a little secret I've found out that MM videos are incredibly detailed for what I believe is a design choice. While the Pros can take advantage of their high bit-rate and video prowess... the Mini can rely on having very low spatial and temporal Noise Reduction.

Attached: a still frame grab from one of my graded MM clips, the triangles show the original picture.
My video just was an experimental exercise to try to learn about shooting video and editing it using D-log M and H.265. All of this time I have been shooting H.264 and 4K . I shot the short clip so that I could practice color grading it in Premiere. I was happy with results. I do not own any other drone (one is enough for the amount of time and places where I shoot). I am sure that the Mini would be more than sufficient in the average realty ad necessity.

1080 for me thanks, I like to stay on the Mini side ;)

Hey Dale. Hope you stay healthy and safe.

Regrading the video, do you notice a slight horizon tilt? Horizon on left is slightly lower than on the right. What causes that? Anybody know?

Hey Dale. Hope you stay healthy and safe.

Regrading the video, do you notice a slight horizon tilt? Horizon on left is slightly lower than on the right. What causes that? Anybody know?
Hi Apeel-Thanks for asking that. No, the regrading of the video had nothing to do with the tilted horizon, which I have been trying to solved for several weeks now. I have gone through all of the gimbal adjustments several times. The edge of my desk is absolutely level on the gimbal leveling section, and the gimbal has been calibrated, and all of the other calibrations done. Yet I still fight that tilted horizon, and have to fix it in Premiere, which is a pain. I'd really be happy for anyone's help on how to fix the tilted horizon.

I do it in iMovie. Can even do on my iPhone (same app) with a finger drag.... not a fix, which I haven’t seen, but a quick work around.

I do it in iMovie. Can even do on my iPhone (same app) with a finger drag.... not a fix, which I haven’t seen, but a quick work around.
so - what am I NOT doing in trying to correct the horizon tilt? I have done all three of the gimbal calibrations as wells the IMU calibration.

so - what am I NOT doing in trying to correct the horizon tilt? I have done all three of the gimbal calibrations as wells the IMU calibration.
Was speaking of correcting in post.
Almost always in AZ my horizon in mountaintops and so varies enough that it is not noticeable, at least to me.
But here’s the result if done. Extreme examples:
7580CC47-2423-460F-8075-CE4DE1D2E7D9.jpeg09256349-F7CD-4DEF-ABE9-941ADBA65B25.pngF3EEA6AF-ADB0-4723-9A30-B8D3F9475C2F.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada