DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Air camera won't ZOOM

AVLJMA

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a Mini 2 and I use the finger wheel on the left to zoom in and out. No matter what I do, the Mavic Air 2 camera will NOT zoom in or out. It is a static image.
Can someone help? I recalibrated everything out of the box. I tried to set the Fn button to zoom but there was no zoom option in the menu. Super frustrating.

I have a Mini 2 and I use the finger wheel on the left to zoom in and out. No matter what I do, the Mavic Air 2 camera will NOT zoom in or out. It is a static image.
Can someone help? I recalibrated everything out of the box. I tried to set the Fn button to zoom but there was no zoom option in the menu. Super frustrating.
Check to see what video format you are shooting at 4K 30 frames ,
than it will show up on the touch display zoom icon. 2 or 4 times zoom slider.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain or land on the Water.

Reactions: Northeh
So you can't get close up photos? I saw a video where a guy was using the finger wheel to zoom in on the Air2
I am thinking that was for video , and not taking pictures. There is no wheel to zoom just the Touch icon for the Air 2 , the actual Wheel is only for the Mavic 2 Zoom unless you use the FN button with the Wheel. : edited thanks to Tufargon added Info.

Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot
Its not on the picture taking , only the video in digital form .

Phantomrain.org
So are you saying I can't zoom in and take a still photo with the Air 2? Strange.
I am thinking that was for video , and not taking pictures. There is no wheel to zoom just the Touch icon for the Air 2 , the actual Wheel is only for the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Phantomrain.org
Oh. Well the wheel works to zoom in on my DJI Mini 2. Thanks for the information

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hold the FN button as you use the wheel to zoom for video. It doesn't work for photos.
Also with the Air 2 if you put your finger on the screen and hold and drag, you can manipulate the camera to where you want to look.
Skip to 1:35 to see the pan camera.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hold the FN button as you use the wheel to zoom for video. It doesn't work for photos.
Also with the Air 2 if you put your finger on the screen and hold and drag, you can manipulate the camera to where you want to look.
Thank you SOOOO MUCH!! It was making me crazy. I really appreciate it.

So you can't get close up photos? I saw a video where a guy was using the finger wheel to zoom in on the Air2
The Air 2 only has zoom capabilities in video mode. The Mini 2 has zoom capabilities in photo and video modes.

Are you looking for something like this? (At 5:35 if the embed doesn’t work)

Last edited:
Reactions: jay2020 and RGB47
There isn't really a point, it would just be the same as cropping/resizing the photo afterwards.
Yeah, but it would still be nice to be able to zoom without switching to video mode to see if something is worth a closer fly-by.

I'm so jealous... he has the good indicator on there.. I miss it!

Mavic Air2 for the Zoom feature you need to be in 4K Zoom Mode and 30FPS will get you the up to 4X zoom. If you are in 4K Wide then it will not zoom. Less than 30FPS will only get you 2X zoom.

Also make sure you are on Aircraft Firmware 01.01.610 which is out now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mdecker72