DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new mavic air from dji care refresh program suddenly crashed

Reactions
Just recived a new drone after my old one crashed (pilot error), and I took this out for a flight. The first thing that happend, I flew 3-4 meters up. And it suddenly came down, crashed. I am glad it did not hit any cars.. I don't know what happend. My theory is that the back propellers stopped working, cause earlier this day they did not work. And I had to do an imu calibration, first then they were able to work. And on the very first flight, it came crashing down. You have no idea, how extremely pissed of I am on this hole thing. Now the hole drone is messed up, scrathes everywhere and right bottom leg is not functioning. How Can I view the log? Can someone help me?

If suspected motor related issues you might as well share the mobile device .DAT log also ... the one that ends with FLY010.DAT is needed. It's located in a sub-folder called MCDatFlightRecords in the same place where you had the .TXT log.

If suspected motor related issues you might as well share the mobile device .DAT log also ... the one that ends with FLY010.DAT is needed. It's located in a sub-folder called MCDatFlightRecords in the same place where you had the .TXT log.
Okay, here it is:)

Attachments

• 20-06-18-09-50-41_FLY010.DAT
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
From what I see it's a failure on the right back motor.

At 20,66sec the RPM there goes to zero (Blue) at 29.3m height ...

1592518015403.png

At 20,82sec the flight controller command 100% on the right back (Purple) in response to the non existent revs ...

1592518037261.png

At 21,16sec the current draw for the right back goes to zero (Blue), but the current draw recovers 21,62sec to a level on par with the other motors.

1592518064140.png

The spiraling movement in which the MA1 goes down doesn't show the characteristics of a completely jammed motor, furthermore the 100% command together with 0 rpm's for the right back tells us that the failure doesn't come from a lost prop. The cause for this incident is likely instead some kind of electrical intermittent fault for the right back motor.

From what I see it's a failure on the right back motor.

At 20,66sec the RPM there goes to zero (Blue) at 29.3m height ...

View attachment 105205

At 20,82sec the flight controller command 100% on the right back (Purple) in response to the non existent revs ...

View attachment 105206

At 21,16sec the current draw for the right back goes to zero (Blue), but the current draw recovers 21,62sec to a level on par with the other motors.

View attachment 105207

The spiraling movement in which the MA1 goes down doesn't show the characteristics of a completely jammed motor, furthermore the 100% command together with 0 rpm's for the right back tells us that the failure doesn't come from a lost prop. The cause for this incident is likely instead some kind of electrical intermittent fault for the right back motor.
I am amazed on how good you are with flight log reads! Okay so right motor malfunction? It showed me an error message, saying esc errors. So I guess thats related then. So this is an warranty case right? I need to call em up tomorrow. This has been a huge loss, since I have been waiting over 6 weeks for a new drone:( And now this? This was a really dangerous error, it nearly hit the cars, since it was in a parking lot. Not the smartest move of me to do that. But my experience with mavic air is that it is extremely stable. Well now I have learned a little bit of the drone. And things like this can happen to anyone

Reactions: dawgpilot
bummer......I agree with you on these genius's who read the files.. can't thank them enough! Have patience when you call..that support line always maxes out my extremely low threshold of frustration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS