DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My New Setup Skyreat Adaptor with Mavic & Spark Remote

Forestjim

Reactions
Have a look at the attached pictures

I'm trailing this new setup using my CS 7.85 ultra to fly a spark & a Mavic.
I think this SKYREAT adaptor will make it an easy hot swap between the Spark & Mavic remote.
I sometimes use my IPad Mini 4 or Iphone
I have used different adaptors
I have also managed to just couple of cables inc lightning for the ipad.
I will check it out tomorrow for a fly.

Cheers

Marty

Attachments

• Skyreat CS Adpt.jpeg
    Skyreat CS Adpt.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Ipad.jpeg
    Ipad.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Mac Spark Remote & CS.jpeg
    Mac Spark Remote & CS.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Skyreat CS 7.85.jpeg
    Skyreat CS 7.85.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 81
  • CS Spark.jpeg
    CS Spark.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 77
I bought one last summer, it's down fall is the plastic nut used to tighten it. It cracks open and will not tighten.

If you want to be able to swap easily then the DJI official mounts are the best way to mount the CS, the all metal mounts lock everything in place very securely.
I have one on each of my Mavic, spark and P4P (slight different mount) and it's just close the clamp and off you go. I also have the one type of plate mounted on my CS Ultra and 5.5 so you can use them interchangeably with each of the three controllers.

It's an expensive option, but I feel it's the safest and most flexible without having to unscrew and re-attach. I would not want to drop the CS, that would be a bad scenario

If you want to be able to swap easily then the DJI official mounts are the best way to mount the CS, the all metal mount lock everything in place securely.
I have one on each of my Mavic, spark and P4P (slight different mount) and it's just close the clamp and off you go. I also have the one type of plate mounted on my CS Ultra and 5.5 so you can use them interchangeably with each of the three controllers.

I would want to drop the CS, that would be a bad scenario
Hi Ian,

Could you please post a picture of your Ultra CS with Mavic & Spark set up ?

Cheers

Marty

Hi Ian,

Could you please post a picture of your Ultra CS with Mavic & Spark set up ?

Cheers

Marty

Here you go, Mavic and Spark mounting are identical, it actually works well with the larger CS as you hold the top corners of the monitor rather than the RC itself

mavic and cs - Copy.jpg

I tried the Skyreat mount with my new CS 7.85" on my Mavic Air controller and, while it works for now, I don't have a lot of faith in the plastic nut. In fact, in order to prevent the CS from "sagging" I 3D printed a wrench to slightly tighten the nut to get enough grip. I know this will lead to premature failure, but I'm working on another solution. Also, the top edge of the base plate doesn't fit tightly into the bottom of the controller (where the sticks store when not in use) and so the entire plate "rocks" slightly. It's not going to fall out, but feels unsure as you grip the controller.

I'm working on my own solution. I 3D printed a mount for my iPad Mini that uses GoPro hardware, and adapted that to the CS. It works, but I have ordered the DJI CS mount for Phantom and plan to adapt my base plate to use that mount. The plate is quite robust, comfortable and solid (feels like part of the controller) when attached.

Just waiting for my DJI mount to arrive and I'll get to finalizing and printing my design. I really like the quick-release nature of the DJI mount. I wish PolarPro or MavMount would follow suit.

hiL8SDQBRkaFB+dogsd+oA.jpg

Just a follow up and wanted to give props to Skyreat. They contacted me regarding my issue with the plastic nut and sagging monitor issue I mentioned and made what I think was a fair (and unnecessary) offer in consideration for the issues I was having. I still intend to make my own mount but I'll keep the Skyreat as a backup or for cases when I want something that packs extremely flat.

That said, I was more impressed with their understanding and dialog involving my issues and suggestions. So many times you feel like customer service is just "nodding and smiling" and reading from a script with little knowledge of the actual product, but in our short dialog I really felt that the rep "got it" and I wouldn't be surprised to see some small changes in future products.

Anyway, just wanted to report my positive experience with Skyreat. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever.