DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My newer Air 2 S fails to give me more than 18 to19 plus minutes after full charge.

VdoMemorie

Reactions
My newer Air 2 S fails to give me more than 18 to19 plus minutes after full charge.
Should it not be 30 to 32 minutes, very puzzling !
I have 4 batteries and they all have been like that.

Reactions: Zeke
There are a lot of variables in determining battery flight time. What DJI determines is maximum under ideal condtions.
What are your specific conditions for measuring times?

Reactions: maggior
I can count on over 20 minutes of usable flight with plenty of reserve for my Air 2s; I don't generally check remaining battery amount, but never any warnings.

Thank you so much, I'll be doing more tests now after charging my batteries fully. I only shoot pictures.

Attachments

• 28 to 32 stitch DJI_0528_Sat22 Sky Sat40 Sm.jpg
    28 to 32 stitch DJI_0528_Sat22 Sky Sat40 Sm.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 33 to 36 stitch DJI_0533_Sm.jpg
    33 to 36 stitch DJI_0533_Sm.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 38 to 41 stitch DJI_0538 Sm.jpg
    38 to 41 stitch DJI_0538 Sm.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • 67 to 74 Sat57 Brig+29Con+25Shar142-1.jpg
    67 to 74 Sat57 Brig+29Con+25Shar142-1.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 73 to 75 Sat57Brig+29Con+25Sharp142-1.7 copy.jpg
    73 to 75 Sat57Brig+29Con+25Sharp142-1.7 copy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 77 to 81 stitch DJI_0577 Sat 57 copy.jpg
    77 to 81 stitch DJI_0577 Sat 57 copy.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 6 to 11 stitch DJI_0606_Sat57 Sm.jpg
    6 to 11 stitch DJI_0606_Sat57 Sm.jpg
    893.2 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Wav2000 and maggior
Thank you so much, I'll be doing more tests now after charging my batteries fully. I only shoot pictures.

Very nice shots!!

Regarding battery life, keep in mind that flying in Sport mode full throttle will drain your battery rather quickly. With my MA2 (comparable to the A2S), I get 20-23 minutes of flight time and land with ~10-15% battery. I always fly in P mode (positioning...the default middle speed setting).

I think the battery life you are seeing is typical. The max flight time might be achieved by draining your battery to 0%...though you certainly don't want to do that.

Normally from my Air 2S I get around 25 minutes. I have a total of six batteries and I alternate each time so I'm not using the same battery time after time. I know everyone doesn't have that ability but I do believe it helps maintain the life of the battery as well as longevity in the air. I have two more coming so I'l be shuffeling them into the mix giving me 8. Again I know everyone can't do that but the method I have going seems to keep all of my batteries at 25 or more minutes each time. I make it my mission to watch for batteries on sale everywhere so much that it's become habit. I once was able to purchase two brand new batteries for $50 ending up being $25 each. I know sometimes it's a gamble but I try to stay where it's reputable and read reviews very carefully. I wish you nothing but good luck and remember "The Sky's the Limit".

Greetings MasterRanger, great to hear that but I only have 4 batteries. Autel has two of my EVO 2 Pro 6K holding me Hostage for months, a beautiful Typhoon H without a stable firmware and a good sharp camera.
This sure is a very expensive hobby once you retire !

I agree my friend. My wife related it to my other hobby fishing. She said, you know what a boat is like, a big hole in the water you keep pouring money into. Laughing. Fly em high bud and don't tell the wife how much WE'RE spending.

Reactions: Bsnyder
I think that you can get the whole 28 minute flight time as advertised IF you put the drone in the air on a windless day, take it up around 12-15 feet, and hover. Add in ANY kind of flying around, as one would normally do, and the range starts dropping. As the former is really boring, I've never tried it. I'm more than happy with the 15-20 minutes I can get normally - it's still noticeably longer than I got with my Mavic Pro (first version).

I’ve never come close to maxing out my time but Airdata always shows a good reserve of time left after my normal 20 - 22 minutes of flight

Airdata averages I get:
  • Air2S- about 19 minutes with about 30% remaining at landing.
  • Mav3- about 33 minutes with about 30% remaining at landing.
Yes, I know I'm conservative regarding my flight times.
My favorite Mav3 benefit is the extra 12-14 minutes of flight time I get.

The most I ever got out of a battery on my Air2S is a little over 24 minutes. Normally I average 17-19 but I always land with 17-20%. I believe the wind impacts this greatly though. I’ve been known to get 14 but that’s when I’m heavy on the right stick with a lot of turns. Greg will tell you that your height above sea level and barometric pressure will also make a big difference. Air density.

There are many parameters that affect flight time, such as:
1. Flight mode. When you fly in C mode, the drone uses less power; but when you fly in S mode at high speed and accelerate faster, the drone will use more energy to accelerate.
2. Wind. When you fly against the wind, the drone uses more energy. Even when you hover your drone in strong wind, the drone uses more power to stay stable than usual.
3. Filming. Recording movies at high resolution and high framerate will consume a lot of battery because the image processing chip has to work a lot to compress and write the image to the memory card.
4. Attitude. To move the drone to 500m altitude, the drone uses more energy then to move the drone 500m away.
5. Temperature. Flying in hot weather will drain the battery faster than flying in cool conditions.

If I take off my drone in a cool room (very little wind) and keep the drone hovering at 2-3m without filming, my Air 2s can flys up to 26 minutes until 10% battery remaining and up to 29 minutes until 0% battery remaining. A battery with 0% remaining capacity may dies after a flight, but it can actually provide up to 29 minutes of flight time.

I do mapping often and here is a battery with about 6 charges, 99% on take-off and 15% on landing. I never go below that.
I include an airdata flying log that shows the information.

I have a Mini 2 that is rated for 31 minutes. My longest flights I still landed with 20% battery left and I think my max flight time was about 17 minutes

The Air 2S is rated at 34 minutes...right? I don't have one but if my Mini 2 is any kind of a template, and I land with a 15-20% margin I'd expect 20-22 minutes, maybe slightly longer

I do have the Mini 3 and I just returned from 2 weeks camping in the mountains of the Oregon desert. With the 'Plus' batteries I had a couple of 31-32 minute flights, at 6000-8000 foot elevation; landing with a round 15-18% battery. And there was lots of wind as well

I guess what I'm saying is that if you like to land well before 10% battery (and the obnoxious warning alarm) you should probably deduct 25-30% from what DJI says you can achieve in terms of battery flight time

I consistently get between 20 to 25 minutes on my A2S, and usually land with between 10 to 20% battery left. The lowest I've ever landed with was 8%. The advertised numbers are under ideal conditions.

My first thought was altitude, but if you are in Delaware, density altitude shouldn't be an issue. A couple of easy things to do now is check the props, change into a new set if you have it and test again. Second, I would cycle the batteries a few times, charge fully, fly till about 20 to 30%, and don't charge it right away, let it cool down to room temp first.

Consider it a success if you get 25 minutes out of flying around and not doing anything too crazy.

Reactions: Dbez1
Thank you all for your feed back, I'm still not sure about the battery after some 3 to 4 months of owning the Air 2 S after having Autel EVO 2 Pro for a year but right now being held hostage by Autel and refusing to return both my Autel EVO 2 Pro due to their own stupidity and incompetency with their firmware !
Want me to pay for no fault of mine $440

I ended up getting a DJI Air 2 S, its a little " Beast " with second best in clarity and image sharpness !

The jury is still out !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy