DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My sign is bigger than yours.

Gagey52

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Drove to Tennant Creek from Katherine to do a job down there, as I was driving into town I came across this sign. Biggest one I’ve ever seen. ?

Attachments

• 0EC0654D-759A-49CC-8DBC-A1C2B8368CBA.jpeg
    0EC0654D-759A-49CC-8DBC-A1C2B8368CBA.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 281
Sooooooo....... can I fly my drone there?

Someone really doesn't like drones.

Reactions: DonF01 and Gagey52
I’d say yes you can fly there.
This appears to be a general (proactive) advisory sign re casa drone rules.
Well I hope so, the whole town of Tennant Creek is under a fly with caution, uncontrolled airport in the Opensky app.
So following all other drone rules it should be ok to fly within the orange zone.

Reactions: Gagey52
I’d say yes you can fly there.
This appears to be a general (proactive) advisory sign re casa drone rules.
Well I hope so, the whole town of Tennant Creek is under a fly with caution, uncontrolled airport in the Opensky app.
So following all other drone rules it should be ok to fly within the orange zone.
Fortunately i was flying 68 K NE of Tennant.
Regards

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Drove to Tennant Creek from Katherine to do a job down there, as I was driving into town I came across this sign. Biggest one I’ve ever seen. ?
I would be "tempted" to have my drone sitting out for this photo...but without the vehicle with the plates showing!!

Fortunately i was flying 68 K NE of Tennant.
Regards

So the sign was somewhere between Katherine and Tennant Ck, was it an actual no fly zone ?
It would be interesting to know if casa just put it up for general awareness, or if it was a real problem area.
Either way it seems kind of strange for such a large, all be it probably temporary, billboard signage.

.This reminds me on an opportunity that people take when they visit Area 51. I can see people putting their drone right next to the sign and snapping a photo.

Right next to a sign that says "photography is forbidden" ?

??? ?

So the sign was somewhere between Katherine and Tennant Ck, was it an actual no fly zone ?
It would be interesting to know if casa just put it up for general awareness, or if it was a real problem area.
Either way it seems kind of strange for such a large, all be it probably temporary, billboard signage.
The airport is just behind the hill in the photo

A long pole, some fishing line, a drone, a Mylar balloon for wrapping the drone in pretty shiny bling, a camera: instant "UFO captured buzzing No Drone Zone"

Interesting, thanks for sharing

• Wow
Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)
Sorry guys but I could not resist this one

NFD final 1.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members