DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My solution for keeping moist away.

Red_Raven

Reactions
In the atmosphere I live in it has made me worried that because of sir humidity the mavic is often a little moist when coming in from flight. My solution to keep it dry without filling my bag with rice is silica bags.

I keep those in a jar, never throw them away since they have showed useful in alot of situations.

I figured to throw 1-2 bags into each place on the bag. One or two for the bird, also the remote and inside where I keep the batteries.
So far it has done a great job.....

f8de893c089808e13a402015c08087fd.jpg

Reactions: JHSlayer
It's best to empty the beads out of the bags and put them in a larger drawstring fine mesh bag. That way you can just put it into your hard case as one piece. The other benefit is that you can easily empty the desiccant beads into a Pyrex dish and put them into the oven once a month at 230 deg for 30 min to dry out. It's actually best to just buy the ones that change color from blue to pink as they get saturated. They are pretty cheap online.

My personal solution is just to keep the Mavic in the bedroom where the AC gets turned on at night. I open the case the night after flying and let everything get dried out and then close it in the morning. Most of these cases are air tight so unless you open it before the next flight day they are kept in low humidity until the next time you open the case.

Rob

It's best to empty the beads out of the bags and put them in a larger drawstring fine mesh bag. That way you can just put it into your hard case as one piece. The other benefit is that you can easily empty the desiccant beads into a Pyrex dish and put them into the oven once a month at 230 deg for 30 min to dry out. It's actually best to just buy the ones that change color from blue to pink as they get saturated. They are pretty cheap online.

My personal solution is just to keep the Mavic in the bedroom where the AC gets turned on at night. I open the case the night after flying and let everything get dried out and then close it in the morning. Most of these cases are air tight so unless you open it before the next flight day they are kept in low humidity until the next time you open the case.

Rob

Also there's a cat litter available that's transparent with little blue stones in it. The ingredients says silica or silica gel. That's exactly the same stuff. Put that in a nylon sock and you'll be able to dry anything

Also a better replacement to the famous rice fix.
. [emoji3]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851