DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Town Revisited - Eagle Lake, Tx - July 26, 2019

For a bit I thought you may be flying waypoints but I think you must have been flying by stick? Good work! I love seeing small town America. Hopefully there's going to be a renaissance in the "old downtown area" where the old black car was parked.

Reactions: pmshop
For a bit I thought you may be flying waypoints but I think you must have been flying by stick? Good work! I love seeing small town America. Hopefully there's going to be a renaissance in the "old downtown area" where the old black car was parked.
It was a waypoint mission - 26 points.
For some reason my Mavic Air "drifts" during a mission.
I have not figured out what produces the error but along the way, the craft thinks the mission is somewhere else but no GPS errors.
This mission should have followed the road to the downtown square.
During the course correction, the craft was directly over the POI (flagpole through the roof of the post office center) and had to point straight down for a moment to focus on the POI.
The black car is a business investment for one of the antique dealers on the square.

<Soapbox>
Won't be a Renaissance in this town - so many blown chances including following the National Main Street Program to spur economic growth and restore the old antiquities the town holds it it's old buildings.
The Main Street Committee would rather go shopping in Austin Texas than attend a seminar to maximize effectiveness.
Matter of fact, the application to be recognized was to be presented in a classic slide show of the town.
Main Street Committee felt "lets show them how advanced we are and sent in a Powerpoint presentation.
Main Street Texas said "that is not what we asked for" made the main street committee president run around town re-taking pictures, had slides made in an hour and drove 2 hours to Austin to present.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg - don't get me started as I tried to get it fixed by winning a city council election.
Only thing I got accomplished is an annual review set in stone to evaluate the city manager - who had not been evaluated in NINE years before I took the seat.
<\soapbox>

Last edited:
Reactions: Twocalf
It was a waypoint mission - 26 points.
For some reason my Mavic Air "drifts" during a mission.
I have not figured out what produces the error but along the way, the craft thinks the mission is somewhere else but no GPS errors.
This mission should have followed the road to the downtown square.
During the course correction, the craft was directly over the POI (flagpole through the roof of the post office center) and had to point straight down for a moment to focus on the POI.
The black car is a business investment for one of the antique dealers on the square.

<Soapbox>
Won't be a Renaissance in this town - so many blown chances including following the National Main Street Program to spur economic growth and restore the old antiquities the town holds it it's old buildings.
The Main Street Committee would rather go shopping in Austin Texas than attend a seminar to maximize effectiveness.
Matter of fact, the application to be recognized was to be presented in a classic slide show of the town.
Main Street Committee felt "lets show them how advanced we are and sent in a Powerpoint presentation.
Main Street Texas said "that is not what we asked for" made the main street committee president run around town re-taking pictures, had slides made in an hour and drove 2 hours to Austin to present.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg - don't get me started as I tried to get it fixed by winning a city council election.
Only thing I got accomplished is an annual review set in stone to evaluate the city manager - who had not been evaluated in NINE years before I took the seat.
<\soapbox>
Oh man, sorry I picked a scab! But thanks for the info on the mission. Interesting stuff! I'm still a bit timid with my waypoint missions after getting too cute and sending my bird into a fir tree. I'm too old to be climbing trees but I did!

Reactions: pmshop
Oh man, sorry I picked a scab! But thanks for the info on the mission. Interesting stuff! I'm still a bit timid with my waypoint missions after getting too cute and sending my bird into a fir tree. I'm too old to be climbing trees but I did!

And I'm too old to climb a mountain but...
At 0:12 you will see the crest I hit - bottom of the V

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost