DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My two favorite accessories so far

Torque

Premium Pilot
Reactions
South of Seattle & North of Tacoma, Washington
No relation to these vendors, but I have been very pleased with these two products, and I don't think I've seen either mentioned here.
First is this lanyard with the aluminum bracket. I find it much more attractive than two eyehooks to hold the lanyard. Clean and unobtrusive.
And the 2nd accessory is this leg extension set. I like it because it is one piece. I always seem to lose a leg adapter if I use individual pieces. It folds flat so fits in both cases I'm using. It can quickly be removed or installed, fits perfectly. It leaves room for a strobe underneath and I've mounted the velcro for my top strobe on the strap that holds the legs. That way the velcro is only there when I need it - keeping it cleaner and clear of debris that gums up the hooks and loops making for a weak connection.
https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Landin...prefix=dji+mini+3+pro+legs,aps,225&sr=8-16All in all I could not be happier with these two accessories.
YMMV

Reactions: Rchawks and CvCow
Your first item come up as a handle bar clamp for me, if correct I would be very wary of using that clamp to mount the DJI RC on handle bars.
Why?
Because as the bike is pummelled by the surface it is ridden over I suspect that the controller will rock, like a boat riding waves, about the bit that is clamped to the controller and thereby cause fatigue in the controller's shell around that area.

I would be very wary of using that clamp to mount the DJI RC on handle bars.
Why?
Because as the bike is pummelled by the surface it is ridden over I suspect that the controller will rock, like a boat riding waves, about the bit that is clamped to the controller and thereby cause fatigue in the controller's shell around that area.
I think you may have responded to the wrong post? I don't know anything about a handlebar clamp?

I would be very wary of using that clamp to mount the DJI RC on handle bars.

??? I see no such accessory in the OP, right thread ? (edit- beat me Torque)

@Torque the leg extensions look useful, one piece (not that the mini(s) have legs to push on trad types), and folding, would be neat to be able to leave that on in a case if possible, use it every flight.
It's just better protection from damage underneath as these little drones sit so close to the ground (grass, sticks, stones etc).

I am posting in the correct thread, the first link provided takes me to a handle bar clamp. (The wrong place as it turns out.) I presume I did not edit my post in time to avoid it being 'copied' for reply.
I think the edited version "Your first item come up as a handle bar clamp for me, if correct I would be very wary of u......" makes the situation clear.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    476.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
I am posting in the correct thread, the first link provided takes me to a handler bar clamp. (The wrong place as it turns out.) I presume I did not edit my post in time to avoid it being 'copied' for reply.
I think the edited version "Your first item come up as a handle bar clamp for me, if correct I would be very wary of u......" makes the situation
That is odd and interesting - my US link for a lanyard morphs into a European add for a bike mount! I have never seen that bike mount Yorkshire Pudding, but you are right, it looks like after a few bumps it may damage your controller!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Just remember that when you start adding accessories to the Mini line, they very likely make them over 250g. Which means the need to be registered in the U.S.

Reactions: Romi and Octisurfer
Just remember that when you start adding accessories to the Mini line, they very likely make them over 250g. Which means the need to be registered in the U.S.
Yup, mini 3 was registered the day it arrived, and The Pilot Institute supplied ID sticker applied before the first flight.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Yup, mini 3 was registered the day it arrived, and The Pilot Institute supplied ID sticker applied before the first flight.
Awsome. Greg and company are great folks.

No relation to these vendors, but I have been very pleased with these two products, and I don't think I've seen either mentioned here.
First is this lanyard with the aluminum bracket. I find it much more attractive than two eyehooks to hold the lanyard. Clean and unobtrusive.
And the 2nd accessory is this leg extension set. I like it because it is one piece. I always seem to lose a leg adapter if I use individual pieces. It folds flat so fits in both cases I'm using. It can quickly be removed or installed, fits perfectly. It leaves room for a strobe underneath and I've mounted the velcro for my top strobe on the strap that holds the legs. That way the velcro is only there when I need it - keeping it cleaner and clear of debris that gums up the hooks and loops making for a weak connection.
https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Landing-Foldable-Extension-Quadcopter/dp/B0B3MRLJXX/ref=sr_1_16?crid=33SUURAR6EHF6&keywords=DJI+Mini+3+pro+legs&qid=1657390378&sprefix=dji+mini+3+pro+legs,aps,225&sr=8-16All in all I could not be happier with these two accessories.
YMMV
Oh my goodness.
I read your thread title and thought, “I may not know my second favorite accessory, but I know my first favorite.” It is that landing gear reviewed Here. Excellent taste and sound judgement, Torque!

Mike107

P.S. I know that’s a lot of words for some landing gear, but that’s how much I think of them—and, I like the look of the Mini 3 ALOT with them, more than without.

• Love
Oh my goodness.
I read your thread title and thought, “I may not know my second favorite accessory, but I know my first favorite.” It is that landing gear reviewed Here. Excellent taste and sound judgement, Torque!

Mike107

P.S. I know that’s a lot of words for some landing gear, but that’s how much I think of them—and, I like the look of the Mini 3 ALOT with them, more than without.
LOL, Mike, I had forgot about your review, but it was one of deciding factors in purchasing these legs! They are fantastic. They've taken my M3Pro from a Frog to a Dragonfly! I bought them just to have in case I need to launch from a difficult area, but find myself using them almost every time I fly.

Got myself a Lanyard for my DJI RC, But in reality - I don't really use it...
As for the landing gear: Generally, if the surface isn't safe for the drone to land on, I usually hand takeoff and land.

The only accessories I use are a set of ND, GND and CPL filters, and a prop guard strap for safe storage (Non affiliated link here).

I like the idea and function of the legs, especially for adding a bottom strobe. But it looks a little too much like this to me...

Attachments

• Spider.jpg
    Spider.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Drone with Landing Gear_.jpg
    Drone with Landing Gear_.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Haha
Got myself a Lanyard for my DJI RC, But in reality - I don't really use it...
As for the landing gear: Generally, if the surface isn't safe for the drone to land on, I usually hand takeoff and land.

The only accessories I use are a set of ND, GND and CPL filters, and a prop guard strap for safe storage (Non affiliated link here).
The problem with the lanyard is you don't really want it on when in the bag though larger bags might be less of an issue.
So it is packed away *somewhere* then too much trouble to get out considering the entire ethos of this drone is super fast unpack and go when required.

Reactions: Amit Dunsky
The problem with the lanyard is you don't really want it on when in the bag though larger bags might be less of an issue.
So it is packed away *somewhere* then too much trouble to get out considering the entire ethos of this drone is super fast unpack and go when required.
I have room for the strap in the bag that the M3P came with, but in my hard case I use the lanyard as the strap on the exterior of the case. It takes me 3 seconds to unclip from the case and clip onto the controller. I came from a RC airplane background and have always used a lanyard to hold a controller so my opinion comes with a strong bias...lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada