DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My USB cable will not plug into Goggles

Peckerwood

Reactions
I am very excited with my Mavic and the DJI Goggles. I did not realize that the USB cordthat was used with the P3’s was not the same size. I believe that when I sold the phantom I mistakenly let my Goggles USB cord Go. I have not been able to find the correct USB cord that will connect to the Goggles. Does any one know where I can get the correct cord. Because of health reasons and placement of a pacemaker I did not try out the Goggles until I received medical permission. I have learned much from all of you guys and even my age has not deterred my enjoyment of the Quadcopter experience.

Which drone are you trying to use with your DJI Goggles?

I received the pair during the Christmas holidays. Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles. Both were purchased on EBay. I originally charged the Goggles with the USB cord included. I had been flying a P3’s and did not put the cord back with the Goggles. When I sold the the P3’s I must have picked up the wrong cord as both cords looked the same. I have since purchased two cords and they both were just two large and would not plug into the G. In checking with the included HDMI cable noticed the slight difference. I do not have a plug in on my computer for the HDMI cable.

Last edited:
You can use the same cable that you use to Charge your Mavic Pro's remote controller to charge the goggles. Indeed you can use any micro usb cable to charge the goggles. But since you have a Mavic Pro you can just use the remote cable for now to charge the goggles.

Mike

Mike- thanks for the help. I do not have my MP at this time as my son in law has the MP. I was trying to up date firmware on my computer when I discovered the problem. I guess I will have to order the cable from DJI and wait two months for it be delivered. I also have a P4P that I enjoy flying. Have not checked to see if that cord will work. What is the correct name for the cable..?

You can use any micro usb charging cable, such as the ones used to charge many android phones. These are readily available; your local mini mart or gas station probably has them. It’s a very common cable.

Mike

I am very excited with my Mavic and the DJI Goggles. I did not realize that the USB cordthat was used with the P3’s was not the same size. I believe that when I sold the phantom I mistakenly let my Goggles USB cord Go. I have not been able to find the correct USB cord that will connect to the Goggles. Does any one know where I can get the correct cord. Because of health reasons and placement of a pacemaker I did not try out the Goggles until I received medical permission. I have learned much from all of you guys and even my age has not deterred my enjoyment of the Quadcopter experience.
Not sure what you need to connect it to, but as others mentioned, the charger from the Mavic Pro controller (mini-USB) will fit the Goggles. If you are trying to connect to the HDMI port, I found this adapter on Amazon to connect my Chromecast to it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V5KRF66/

Could it be such a cord as a mini micro cord? I will try to solve the problem tomorrow. I think that my eighty years are catching up too me. Thanks again for your time. The micro charging cable would not plug into the G. The HDMI cable plunged in with ease.

The micro USB cable plugs into the DJI Goggles here:

medium_dd310b94-f177-4693-a4c1-5991eea536b7.jpg

Well I thank I have found my problem. stupity! I was trying to attach the micro cable into the Goggles port that only the HDMI cable would plug into. It never hurts to look at the video on how too! Much more to learn. I have purchased and flown many P3’s and have a P4P. Resold the P3’s to help purchase the other DJI drones. Actually have learned and did minor repair on the quodcopters. The Goggles are a challenge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada