DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My videos on social media are blurry?

Traviss

Reactions
Every time I post a video on any social media the quality is so bad I consider removing it. The pictures usually look great, but I struggle with the videos. I was curious what editing steps I need to take to make my videos quality on social media more clear. Also does every social media platform vary? Thank you!

Every time I post a video on any social media the quality is so bad I consider removing it. The pictures usually look great, but I struggle with the videos. I was curious what editing steps I need to take to make my videos quality on social media more clear. Also does every social media platform vary? Thank you!

If you are using the video downloaded to your phone try using the video on the SD card and you will get some brilliant video to work with.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the RAIN.

What are you using to edit your videos, what format are you exporting them to? And yes different sites have different best settings to use.

You also need to understand the format you are delivering to the streaming service, particularly the pixel resolution and CODEC.

Most social media sites will compress most HD videos, so, it doesn't matter if you post a 4k video to someplace like facebook. The site always compresses the video, which reduces resolution. Best to see what the site upload restrictions are for jpg and vid files.

in addition to good info above, keep in mind that it might take a minute or two for your host to deliver full resolution of the video.

Reactions: Kilrah
Most streaming site encode multiple download streams of different resolutions to support different download speeds. The streaming service rests the download connection speed, and selects a resolution whose bit rate is well below the capabilities of the connection, ensuring few or no buffering pauses.

. If the viewer has a good connection speed, they will get the 4K version. It is best practice to upload the highest resolution possible and let the server select the version best for that download speed connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S