DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mysterious M1P disconnect, crash & retrieval

Espen W

Reactions
Mysterious (to me) disconnect and resulting crash, a few minutes into yesterdays flight.
Silly me managed to close the flight session (and mapview) when turning on the GPS on the device, so with the AC disconnected, unable use the GPS/map position of the device and simply walk towards the last recorded GPS position of the AC, as I did on the one previous disconnect/auto landing a number of years back.
After a few hours, I finally remembered to run the txt. file from the device through Phantomhelp and generate a CSV file that gave me the last coordinates.
Entered those coordinates into Google maps on my phone and lo and behold, we were lucky enough to find the M1P, much thanks to the (audible type) standalone drone finder.
At that point (3 hours), the normal, annoyingly loud beeping sound from the finder was down to a faint clicking, but still sufficient to locate it.
Dense vegetation, so we would very likely have missed the AC w/o the finder, so that one is well worth having.
I need to study and learn the fine art of analyzing data files, tons of info, especially from the .dat file.
The .txt file for some reason reports battery status to fluctuate back and forth between 3% and 70%. That was not the case (not reported by RC/app) but that faulty reporting in the log might indicate something specific being off?
The battery had not disconnected, and was down to one LED blinking when I found it after 3hours.
Minor damage, all considered, with only a snapped camera ribbon wire and missing rubber tabs under one front arm and one under the belly.

Here is the file generated by Phantomhelp:
Also attached the txt. and dat. from the device.
Note: connected the AC to my laptop and tried to retrieve the .dat file from the AC, as that one would have data from post RC disconnect, but I was unable to find it.
The only files that I can see are those that were generated when connecting the AC to the laptop, as well as some old ones (from January and before). Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-08-18_[14-21-32].txt
    556.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 22-08-18-02-20-33_FLY690.DAT
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Assistant.jpg
    Assistant.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 7
Anyone with some insight on this one?
Could potential interference from a cell phone tower, power lines, etc. cause transmission to completely drop out like this?
The AC obviously dropped like a rock from the last position transmitted, so that could indicate a sudden, total loss of power, but as mentioned, it was powered up when I found it, and up/downlink was solid when tested afterwards with a charged battery.

Anyone with some insight on this one?
Could potential interference from a cell phone tower, power lines, etc. cause transmission to completely drop out like this?
The AC obviously dropped like a rock from the last position transmitted, so that could indicate a sudden, total loss of power, but as mentioned, it was powered up when I found it, and up/downlink was solid when tested afterwards with a charged battery.
The mobile device .DAT that you submitted doesn't have much to say about this incident. Too bad the on board .DAT can't be retrieved using DJI Assistant 2.

There is a small chance the on board .DAT can be retrieved if you can get the internal SD card to show up as a mounted drive on a PC.
How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC
It's been a while since I've tried this so no guarantees.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka