DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nacome Landing Gear (Pontoons) - Problem

RobH2

Reactions
Has anyone used pontoons for flying over water to provide some measure of insurance in case of a water landing? I purchased Become Landing Gear from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Nacome-Prote...qid=1526142448&sr=1-1&keywords=Nacome+landing

They are pretty simple and nicely designed to attach to the two rectangular hooks on the bottom of the Mavic.

PROBLEM: When in place they severely affect the response of the sticks. The sticks have a severe lag and are unresponsive with about a one second delay. This is really unsafe even if you could adjust to it.

As soon as I take them off, touching nothing else, the controls are normal.

Has anyone else used this product and experienced this?

I don’t have any experience but there are some on eBay that look like they wouldn’t have much effect on the flying on the mavic. It basically looks like 4 ping pong balls. The kinda attach like the landing gears. They look like a very simple design.

I can't think of anything that would cause that. You could maybe expect some aerodynamic drag but control inputs are via the 2.4GHz occusync transmission system and the antennas on the Mavic look clear of any obstructions. A puzzle indeed. Is it possible that the floats are causing some kind of interference? Maybe consider taking just the floats off, leaving the rest of the kit on, or try flying with just one float for testing. Does distance have any impact? Are you getting full signal strength? Could downwash over the floats be having an impact?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada