DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NAMIBIA Spectacular roadtrip in 4K

rikk08

Reactions

My cinematic take and a short compilation from some of the best drone shots I captured while exploring one of the most remote country on earth during a 4,045KM roadtrip around Namibia.

Watch in 4K and let me know what you think in the comments
smile.gif

It's OK cinematography and editing I s'pose ;)

Really nice - this is the kind of trip that taking a drone multiplies the impact of your footage so much. Great work!

Last edited:
Reactions: rikk08
Inspiring video! Really liked the editing and filming. My favorite part is at 1:54....really cool editing trick. How did you do that?

It's OK cinematography and editing I s'pose ;)

Really nice - this is the kind of trip that taking a drone multiplies the impact of your footage so much. Great work!
hahahah thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

For sure the landscape is way too stunning and epic that a drone makes all the difference. Intro and most aerial shots were taking during a scenic flight btw so not all of them are drone shots ;)

Brilliant video of a beautiful country. Great mix of shots and lighting and v clever editing. Superb music choice. Thanks for sharing such wonderful work. M

My cinematic take and a short compilation from some of the best drone shots I captured while exploring one of the most remote country on earth during a 4,045KM roadtrip around Namibia.

smile.gif
Eric- that was really special. I loved watching it. We were in Namibia in November, 2015. I did not have a drone at that time, but did a lot of photography, including time lapse. See the stills, if you wish, www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com. and hit Browse, and then Namibia. Your video of the deserted town of Kolmanskop were amazing. Was the music. "Corners of the Earth."?

Last edited:
What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing. Your video tells a great story.
Thanks mate, a lot of hours spent on this one but super satisfied with the result. Comments like these make it worth while :)

smile.gif
Spectacular, but what's the answer to reply #6, what make of drone?

smile.gif
Wow! You should offer it to Namibia tourism. Definitely got me chomping at the bit to get up there! Well done.

Wow! You should offer it to Namibia tourism. Definitely got me chomping at the bit to get up there! Well done.
I really wish to do something similar in the future with any touristic agency! Thanks for the comment :)

Inspiring video! Really liked the editing and filming. My favorite part is at 1:54....really cool editing trick. How did you do that?

Thank you :) It's called a Luma Key effect, basically like removing a green screen I remove the white of the sky and replaced with a milky way timelapse ;)

Reactions: Jani
Captivating video, which drone was used?
Thank you!!! :D Link is in the description - mavic 2 pro - best drone I ever owned, however, the one I had back them had some issues with the camera in fact most of my shots I couldn't used them for longer due to camera jitter but still great drone all around. Incredible quality too such a drone that size.

Reactions: DragonEnchanter
Great vid Eric!

Can you please tell me where you got your sound effects from? Such as the “whoosh” noise when you speed ramp, the desert wind and eagle at the start if the film, etc?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku