DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nature Photos

Looks like a lot of Photoshop in those pics ??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 9.09.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 9.09.41 AM.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 9.10.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 9.10.16 AM.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 9
These "mallard ducks" sure look more like Canadia nGeese. Mallards have a green head and small white ring.
Yes but I couldn’t here any “EH” or “Aboot” so it would be hard to discern!

Reactions: Vegasdad
They are called Canada Geese, despite the fact that a lot of people incorrectly call them Canadian Geese.

However, the four birds being followed on the water are clearly ducks and not geese. Look at the necks on those ducks, a goose has a much, much longer neck, so no Canada geese filmed in this video. One further point, it is incorrect to use an apostrophe in one of your titles, where by you stated "Male's". The word should be Males and not Male's, as you have it.

UPDATE to the above. On close inspection of a supplied enlarged screen capture, these four water fowl are indeed Canada Geese and not ducks.

Last edited:
They are called Canada Geese, despite the fact that a lot of people incorrectly call them Canadian Geese.

However, the four birds being followed on the water are clearly ducks and not geese. Look at the necks on those ducks, a goose has a much, much longer neck, so no Canada geese filmed in this video. One further point, it is incorrect to use an apostrophe in one of your titles, where by you stated "Male's". The word should be Males and not Male's, as you have it.
I respectfully disagree. I've closely examined the four birds and produced a number of screen captures. The video is somewhat underexposed, perhaps slightly out of focus and the birds are at some distance but you can clearly see the white patch on the "cheeks" of the head with the black forehead/beak and definitely don't have green heads with yellow beaks. Here's a screen capture from around 1:10:

1567611409270.png

Compare this screen capture I took from the video with the two photos submitted yesterday to this thread by Dale D. showing a Canada Goose and a mallard. I submit that the birds in the video are more likely geese than ducks. If you closely watch the video you occasionally observe that one of the birds will stretch it's neck out thereby taking on the more familiar appearance of a goose.

I respectfully disagree. I've closely examined the four birds and produced a number of screen captures. The video is somewhat underexposed, perhaps slightly out of focus and the birds are at some distance but you can clearly see the white patch on the "cheeks" of the head with the black forehead/beak and definitely don't have green heads with yellow beaks. Here's a screen capture from around 1:10:

View attachment 81028

Compare this screen capture I took from the video with the two photos submitted yesterday to this thread by Dale D. showing a Canada Goose and a mallard. I submit that the birds in the video are more likely geese than ducks. If you closely watch the video you occasionally observe that one of the birds will stretch it's neck out thereby taking on the more familiar appearance of a goose.

Ahhh, after seeing your enlarged image I completely agree, I watched it on a small tablet and they looked like ducks on that. The photo enlargement you show does clearly show Canada Geese, my apologies. OP... they are not Mallard ducks or any other type of duck, you may want to change your titles on the video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143