DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Navigation system and Barometer initialization errors

Reactions
HI, wondering if someone could shed to some light on the following.

My drone's been fine so far and no impacts/knocks since my last flight flight a few days ago.

Today I went out in almost perfect conditions and found the following errors flagging almost constantly at times or just off and on - preventing take off.
  • Navigation system error. Restart aircraft(Code: 35015)
  • Barometer initialization failed. Restart aircraft(Code: 30042)
The drone seems to fly Ok most of the time, I did notice it drop quite a-lot when automatic landing was engaged nearer to the ground.

I've attached a few of the flight logs downloaded from AirData.

I tried restarting the drone multiple times and manually landing the craft each time.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-31_[18-22-41].txt
    167.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-31_[18-25-27].txt
    390.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-31_[18-30-01].txt
    464 KB · Views: 2
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-31_[18-37-49].txt
    414.8 KB · Views: 2
The barometer related warning messages were issued when the barometer and vertical velocity readings fluctuated abnormally under zero throttle input. This is observed for the flight DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-31_[18-37-49].txt.

1598934857854.png

No clue for the navigation system error message. The .DAT flight log files in the phone are needed. Follow this thread to get the files : Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance

The filenames should end with FLY046, FLY047, FLY048

Last edited:
Reactions: Capn Twinbeard
I think these are the .DAT files your after?

Attachments

• 20-08-31-06-22-26_FLY046.DAT
    4.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20-08-31-06-29-52_FLY047.DAT
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20-08-31-06-37-15_FLY048.DAT
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
In all the .DAT files, the following events repetitively occurred throughout the flight :

1) [L-FDI]fatal error: no ns with level < 4 !!!
2) [L-FDI]NS(0) FUSION(0): fault off, disagree
3) [L-FDI]NS(0) FUSION(1): fault off, disagree
4) [L-FDI][FDI] ns atti(0) alti is outlier

It seems to indicate that :

1) some signals are unreliable ( level < 4 on probably a 0 ~ 5 scale ). I have checked the GPS signal health and it was 5 ( highest ) all the way so it must be some other signals which I cannot identify.

2) and 3) I believe FUSION refers to the sensor fusion algorithm. Some sensors are giving conflicting results for certain parameters ( e.g. height, attitude, speed, etc ) but I cannot see any consistent discrepancies in the outputs of accelerometers, gyros, compass, barometer and GPS.

4) The altitude value computed by the IMU disagrees with other sensor outputs, out of range or something ? again, I cannot see anything odd in this regard

This is a really challenging case. I hope more experience analysts like @BudWalker can chime in to share their thoughts.

Last edited:
Thank you soo much for your time and efforts in looking at this, it certainly does feel strange.

I thought it could have been environmental related (moisture or ambient temperatures, etc.) but I received similar experience today (without taking off but spinning props up).

One thing I did notice was when powering on the drone yesterday, when it connected to the RC/Phone that I receive the "You have reached your maximum altitude" audible warning, which could be related to what you mentioned from the Log/DAT files.

I'm beginning to think that its worth engaging DJI support on this one? as I can also hear an audible "grind" (best I can explain) from the gimbal during throttle up (Although motion doesn't seem effected, as pressing holding and moving around, the gimbal/camera seems to move smoothly).

I also tried re-applying the latest firmware to see if there was a potential calibration issue or a module hadn't updated (although previous flights prior to yesterday where fine).

I'll try and capture some video's of the noise/gimbal if you think this could be worth while (I'm going to assume DJI support might be interested in this also).

In all the .DAT files, the following events repetitively occurred throughout the flight :

It seems to indicate that :

1) some signals are unreliable ( level < 4 on probably a 0 ~ 5 scale ). I have checked the GPS signal health and it was 5 ( highest ) all the way so it must be some other signals which I cannot identify.

2) and 3) I believe FUSION refers to the sensor fusion algorithm. Some sensors are giving conflicting results for certain parameters ( e.g. height, attitude, speed, etc ) but I cannot see any consistent discrepancies in the outputs of accelerometers, gyros, compass, barometer and GPS.

4) The altitude value computed by the IMU disagrees with other sensor outputs, out of range or something ? again, I cannot see anything odd in this regard

This is a really challenging case. I hope more experience analysts like @BudWalker can chime in to share their thoughts.
From the @Capn Twinbeard 's description it seems the MA2 is saying that there is a problem with the barometer. The eventLog seems to be saying the same - there are multiple references to noise
160.519 : [L-FDI]NS(0) BARO(0): fault on , noise
that coincide with evidence of noise
1598978544614.png
that, in turn, coincide with that part of the flight where the altitude data was inconsistent with throttle input.

I'm guessing the barometer has a HW problem. Am I missing something here?

The eventLog seems to be saying the same - there are multiple references to noise
160.519 : [L-FDI]NS(0) BARO(0): fault on , noise

I'm guessing the barometer has a HW problem. Am I missing something here?

This event is seen only in FLY048 but in all three .DAT files, the following events occurred throughout the flight so I am puzzled about the causes.

Hey, thought I'd come back with a quick Update.

I engaged DJI Support via online chat (after multiple no-replies from email support) - They've suggested to send the drone for repairs.

UPS just collected the drone this morning... will update on the outcome.. Hoping that I don't have to use my DJI Refresh on a 2-3 Month old drone :( - Although, should be still under warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3