DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NBC ups the paranoia about peeping drones

You can bet your bottom dollar there are many drone users doing just that.
Part of the increased interest in "low noise" props? Just because you or I don't do it, doesn't mean there isn't several pervs out there that bought the drone just for this purpose.
I have had people approach me and ask if it could be used for "watching their neighbors daughters in the backyard pool".
It is along the same lines as the people with the telescopes in their highrise apartments by the window.

You can bet your bottom dollar there are many drone users doing just that.
Part of the increased interest in "low noise" props? Just because you or I don't do it, doesn't mean there isn't several pervs out there that bought the drone just for this purpose.
I have had people approach me and ask if it could be used for "watching their neighbors daughters in the backyard pool".
It is along the same lines as the people with the telescopes in their highrise apartments by the window.
I agreed that there are perverts that use drone to watch someone or spying on. But I can bet your button dollar that these people only represent a very minimalistic percentage of drone use. Same as someone using a camera to spying on girls. There will be always sick people using tools for malicious purpose.

I agreed that there are perverts that use drone to watch someone or spying on. But I can bet your button dollar that these people only represent a very minimalistic percentage of drone use. Same as someone using a camera to spying on girls. There will be always sick people using tools for malicious purpose.
I didnt say everyone did it, but even a few are enough to cause concern. Its like gun ownership, The very few that abuse it are the ones that get all the press.

The real problem with stories like this, written by people who know absolutely nothing about camera quad copters, is when they are published the author or website is not bombarded by actual owners and operators setting the record straight. The record needs to be set straight that what is being said in these stories is complete nonsense. Instead these said operators and owners on enthusiast sites like this often continually accept and even extend this garbage as “valid” concerns. We all here know that our Mavics are not platforms for “peeping” through bedroom windows and people who think they are are just wrong! They need to be told this, we have nothing to be ashamed about. Stand up people!

The real problem with stories like this, written by people who know absolutely nothing about camera quad copters, is when they are published the author or website is not bombarded by actual owners and operators setting the record straight. The record needs to be set straight that what is being said in these stories is complete nonsense. Instead these said operators and owners on enthusiast sites like this often continually accept and even extend this garbage as “valid” concerns. We all here know that our Mavics are not platforms for “peeping” through bedroom windows and people who think they are are just wrong! They need to be told this, we have nothing to be ashamed about. Stand up people!

I could agree, IF camera drones were NOT being used by perverts. I havve read here on this very forum where people have had their mavics tossed in the ocean for doing it by a pissed off father. Just because YOU dont think its a problem does not mean it isnt.

It seems that in the U.S. it is more politically correct to own firearms than it is to own a drone. I may be wrong, but that’s how it looks to me, and I think that’s crazy (and I’m gun owning ex military )

And the one that got pitched in the ocean was not looking at his daughter, I remember this story and the guy paid some money for that.

And the one that got pitched in the ocean was not looking at his daughter, I remember this story and the guy paid some money for that.
It depends on what side of that story you believe. Late in that thread he copied a letter from the guy that explained himself describing what HE saw. I still dont believe a guy will go from a penthouse balcony lounging with family on vacation, all the way down stairs and off to the beach and throw a strangers drone in the water without something questionable happening more than once. The guy paid HALF because his reaction was not right. He was Not pursued legally in Hawaii probably because the cops felt he was justified to some degree. We just got one side of the story, and you wouldnt expect the drone owner to confess to peeping on a forum would you?

It seems that in the U.S. it is more politically correct to own firearms than it is to own a drone. I may be wrong, but that’s how it looks to me, and I think that’s crazy (and I’m gun owning ex military )
The possession of either of these items is neither “politically“ correct or incorrect. It’s called private property in the US and it is nobody’s business If you own either one.

I don’t disagree with you one bit. Just saying how it looks to me. Nothing says I’m right or wrong, it’s just my opinion

I don’t disagree with you one bit. Just saying how it looks to me. Nothing says I’m right or wrong, it’s just my opinion

I can see why you would think that. Really this forum isnt a place to draw any conclusions about Americans or any other Nationality. We have a rather "unique" group here not a good representation of any of our nations as a whole. :D

When I walk down the street and look into my own house, I cannot see inside when it is bright outside. At night when it is lighter inside than outside I can see quite well.
What that reporter did was use high intensity filming lights inside the house to make it brighter inside than outside so they could see better.
Since people are charged and convicted of this, it is fair to say that there are folks out there trying to spy with drones. This story however, is a 'hit job' story on all drone users, and exaggerates spying capabilities in my opinion.
As long as we choose to fly these annoying drones, we will have to fight these fights for public approval.

Why use a drone..you wanna see something just google it.. I always say when ppl say "spy your neighbor"

Also tell that reported to hold n set those drones right side up..
It was upside down.. lol

Reactions: The Fat Controller
Unfortunately a lot of owners have no desire to fight this fight, in fact many agree with these “hit pieces”.
Having been in a similar situation as a gun owner, there appears to not even be any fight other than the ones here thinking chips are getting knocked off their shoulders.
Another school shooting today and the press is blaming the guns again. Guns are used in worse ways than drones will ever be used. If you can still bear arms after all these years, I bet you’ll be able to bear drones for at least the next 30 years.

Having been in a similar situation as a gun owner, there appears to not even be any fight other than the ones here thinking chips are getting knocked off their shoulders.
Another school shooting today and the press is blaming the guns again. Guns are used in worse ways than drones will ever be used. If you can still bear arms after all these years, I bet you’ll be able to bear drones for at least the next 30 years.
Old people said the same thing when cars were invented. They thoughts that these things with tired will kill people and very dangerous to their lives. Now, cars is a tool of transportation. I believe drones are going the same way. Even big corporations are testing drones as a tool to transport things autonomously. Drones have a great and fabulous future.

I’d like to hope so but drones don’t have a constitutional amendment and a powerful lobby group protecting them.

There’s a lot of people out there that have an irrational fear/anger when it comes to drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s