DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nd filter advice

Butterland

Reactions
Hello everyone,
Sorry I know this has been gone over in a bunch of threads. I’ve read a bunch and still have a Q.

I am going to buy some Nd filters for my mavic pro. I am spending 80$ and would like to buy the ones I’d use the most.

I’ve decided I would likely not use or adjust correctly the Nd pl version. I fly for fun and edit the videos and post on YouTube.

I fly mostly in the day, I live in Texas and there’s a lot of sun and sky.

I attached a pic with the options, which three would work best? Or what Nd does best in what lights? Do Nd pl give me something I need?
I fly over water some but not a lot and the reflection didn’t bother me. To me it looks like there best part is the color they pop- are the worth it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 82B11D15-1C4A-4E1F-86C6-79E3110EBDAE.png
    82B11D15-1C4A-4E1F-86C6-79E3110EBDAE.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 32
A C-PL give you about same stops as an ND4, and you might find it handy for some water video / photos.
I bought this set and it’s fairly easy to select a filter for any situation.
The quality is fantastic (they do mainstream camera filters) and most importantly weight is low and no problems with gimbal calibration.

NiSi Filter kit for DJI Mavic Pro (6 Pack) - NiSi Filters Australia

The ND32 and ND64 are very handy to have, not many sets have the 64 for bright snow or very white beach sand.

This is AUD$129, if you are US$ it may well be right in your budget I think.

I bought DJIs own set for the M2P. It has ND4, 8, 16 and 32. I'm very pleased with it. There's even a space for the set in the DJI hard case for it.

I ended up getting the Shutter collection cinema edition, with a nd8 nd16 and nd32.
Should be here by friday!

There are a ton of brands of nd filters and many look solid, but polarpro seemed to be the most known and trusted. seems like everyone says their stuff is good so for a bit more money I went with em. Id love to know how other smaller companies compare though.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS