Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filter dome protector

coullit

Reactions
2a3b11de9a6b99d38b2f5bf6cb0943b3.jpg

Pleased with this, Nd 8 filter also protects camera, has air inlet

Reactions: wolfmad
Where is the air inlet located? Where did you purchase this? Do they have others beside the ND 8?

This is absolutely pointless. The dome is the first thing that will get scratched in storage. Next thing you know, the video will see those scratched. Even with the rubber cover that goes on the dome, the dome will scratch. Best to use the regular dome and an ND filter on the camera directly. That way the dome can get scratched but the filter won't.

Reactions: Rbruz
I was looking at getting one of them but had the same thoughts about scratches so opted for this one and get ND filters for the camera instead as still offers protection and not worry about scratching the dome
63c5cc5a81389e2fbf0e5c6b09cc9fb9.jpg

2a3b11de9a6b99d38b2f5bf6cb0943b3.jpg

Pleased with this, Nd 8 filter also protects camera, has air inlet

Don't really see the point here. You're not getting an ND filter of the same quality as a conventional high-quality ND filter that fits directly on the lens because this dome filter almost certainly doesn't have a high-quality ND coating with anti-reflection layers on it. Doing that would be way, way expensive, and also it would offer no benefits over just using a conventional ND filter together with a standard transparent dome protector.

Reactions: Rbruz
I was looking at getting one of them but had the same thoughts about scratches so opted for this one and get ND filters for the camera instead as still offers protection and not worry about scratching the dome
63c5cc5a81389e2fbf0e5c6b09cc9fb9.jpg
What's your lens brand and grade....does it interfere w/ gimbal init @ startup or you install after gimbal init?

I got mine from eBay I got a yellow one also and they only cost me $4 Australian dollars each and very happy with them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60