DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filter- What do you think of this concept

Mr. Moe

Reactions
Looking around for ND Filters for my Mavic and of course saw all the ones you snap or twist right over the lens, read and saw all the videos that said just be gentle with the install and removals, etc... So was looking on Alliexpress and saw these and thought hmmm.

What do you all think. I say great concept, how well do they filter is my next question.

Looking around for ND Filters for my Mavic and of course saw all the ones you snap or twist right over the lens, read and saw all the videos that said just be gentle with the install and removals, etc... So was looking on Alliexpress and saw these and thought hmmm.

What do you all think. I say great concept, how well do they filter is my next question.

The bubble covers are never the best solution, if quality video is your goal. They are made of plastic and are never optically correct. Plus, due to their design, they are always going to introduce flare and reflection.

If you're not looking for quality, then they are probably ok for casual use, but then if you're not looking for quality, why bother with an ND at all?

(G)(F)lare all over the place.

First of all, I never fly with a gimbal cover on because it blocks the ventilation intake on the front.
Secondly, I would be concerned that the curved plastic is going to distort the image. Filters should be flat, just like the lens.
Third, these are made of plastic, not glass. Glass > plastic.

That's what I think. :D

Pure junk!

Thanks for the advice. I will go with the regular style.

They really are easy to put on and take off. Just be careful and leave the gimbal lock on while putting the filter on. If you dont leave the filter on, put the gimbal lock back on before removing. Pretty soon it will become habit...Take off protective bubble, put on filter, remove gimbal lock...... After shutting down, put on gimbal lock, remove filter, replace protective bubble. Ive gotten to a point, that unless its really sunny, or really dark, I just leave one of the filters on.

I only use the proper DJI filters for UV intensity cut down where I live.

And lastly, you cannot adjust the polarization of that dome filter. Where as with normal circular polarizers, you can rotate to compensate. It is an interesting if not novel idea though. This dome resolves one problem (having to fit a tiny filter to the lens) whilst introducing another (not adjustable).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest