DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters, again, sorry

That'd be a fine kit to start with. I use nd16 almost 75% of the time.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I take it you are using them to lower the light so you can use a set shutter speed?

My set is a Freewell one with six filters. I don't tend to use the lower value ones much, but the two I do use are the 16 on a bright (ish) day and the 32 with polariser for good bright days. I rarely use the 64 filter - would probably have to up the ASA to use it round here! I live in Poole BTW.

Assuming your intent is to get correct exposure at a shutter speed twice the set frame rate those filters may be a great starting point. It depends on what time of the day you plan to shoot, your zoom setting and the frame rate.

Assume you have the lens at the widest setting (f2.8), 24fps and 100 ISO. Midday sun with open sky and little to no cloud correct exposure would be 1/100s at f16. To get back to 1/50s @f2.8 is 6 stops so a ND64 filter would be required.

Cheers for the replies

WithTheBirds, mine is the Zoom so no appature settings

Yes, trying to maintain the correct shutter speed

I am close to Heliguy so will buy from there and am now looking at a 4 filter set 4,8,16 & 32

The choice is between these two:

DJI - Mavic 2 Zoom ND Filter Set
PGYTECH - ND Filters Set for Mavic 2 Zoom
Yes, the aperture is fixed but the effective aperture changes with the zoom setting (as is the case for most cheap zoom lenses). f2.8 (wide setting) to f3.8 (Tele) in the case of the M2Z.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Mine is a zoom too, and I have to say that a polarising 32 ND filter is great when there are blue skies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143