DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND Filters in Fly More (ND16, 64 and 256)

TerryToast

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Any thoughts on why Mavic Air 2 - Fly More Combo (which I bought yesterday) includes such an unusual set of ND Filters? That is ND16, 64 and 256.

The most popular and commonly used ND filters are ND4, 8 and 16. Surely it make more sense for DJI to include these ND filters into the Fly More Combo.

You guys must be filming in extremely bright sunlight. If you film earlier/later in the day when the sun isn’t so harsh, you may improve your footage.

I use 32 during bright sunny days and 16 as it starts to calm down. When it’s too dark for 16, I don’t use a filter at all.

Reactions: Brojon
Any thoughts on why Mavic Air 2 - Fly More Combo (which I bought yesterday) includes such an unusual set of ND Filters? That is ND16, 64 and 256.

The most popular and commonly used ND filters are ND4, 8 and 16. Surely it make more sense for DJI to include these ND filters into the Fly More Combo.

i bought the dji nd filter set 4nd,8nd,32nd from omniview tech in Canada they have them stock?

pretty simple, they have the 16 to make the majority of the non professional population happy and think they got something. The other two are next to useless and won't interfere in the sales of kits with 8, 16, 32 lens as most people doing real photography need the 32.

Same ND kit in the flymore here in Oz, certainly not a range you'd expect to see supplied.
ND 8, 16, 32 would be far better for a 3 set.

It may be just a way to get people to spend more on the other level filters, though not sure if DJI even has them listed for sale in other specs.
Wonder how long Polar Pro and others will take to get theirs to market, if not already there.

Recently bought a kit of 4, 8 and 16. Immediately added a 32. Can't imagine every using a 4 or 8 at this time. Someday probably.

Many of you are thinking like filmmakers instead of still photographers. I agree that it may be useful for dragging the shutter for moving water.

I don’t know. I save that sort of thing for my Nikon. Anywhere from a 1/15 to one second (or more) could get the job done depending on what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s a good question though. A drone is probably not going to be my first choice for ultra long exposures though. Now you’ve got me interested. I just just may have to check it out and get back to you...?

Reactions: bcfd29
I don’t know. I save that sort of thing for my Nikon. Anywhere from a 1/15 to one second (or more) could get the job done depending on what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s a good question though. A drone is probably not going to be my first choice for ultra long exposures though. Now you’ve got me interested. I just just may have to check it out and get back to you...
I have seen videos of people using an M2P to shoot up to 2 seconds on a fairly calm day with excellect results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3