DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Near a NFZ- DJI is screwing this up.

GiT Airways

Reactions
Right, here has what's happened twice now.

See a unit of interest approaching (ship) and set the drone up.

All connected and running, GPS selects itself and I go to take off. I then get a black box on the screen with a "You are responsible for your flight blah blah blah".

I press "Yes" and it just hangs, until an error pops up "no handshake made - FAILED" or similar. 3 attempts later and it final gets through, all because I'm near a NFZ, not in one.

Is this handshake purely between my phone and the controller/drone - or the server and my phone?

Reactions: M2Pro
So you are checking the blue acknowledgement check box (or circle) and then pressing the YES button?
It's the acknowledgement "yes" button. Then hangs for ages, the boats pass and opportunities lost.

I want to know it it because of a crap internet signal or an issue talking between equipment.

It's the acknowledgement "yes" button. Then hangs for ages, the boats pass and opportunities lost.

I want to know it it because of a crap internet signal or an issue talking between equipment.

But you need to tick the blue box or circle first otherwise the "YES" button is not active - you are doing that, yes?

Not on the first one on mine. Going home today, so will look to replicate it once home.

I too experience a drag in time when in the field. I attribute it to the fact I am using WiFi tethering from my phone to the iPad Mini, which is connected to the RC which is connected to the Air. Usually end up burning about 1 to 2 minutes of battery time. Then I get to play the game all over again when I change batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580