DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Near Panama City, Florida here!

Gerald Ellis

Reactions
Don't have a Mavic...YET.
Haven't ordered a MaVIC...YET.

YET, I will order one once a few here start posting on their experiences.

I do have a P2, P3A, and a custom Y6 using the Aimdroix frame with 16" props and EagleTree Vector flight controller that hasn't flown...YET.

Reactions: dirkclod
You are like the rest of us not having the mavic yet Gerald but we still flying .
Welcome to our new forum :)

You are like the rest of us not having the mavic yet Gerald but we still flying .
Welcome to our new forum :)
I finally decided to place my order on Amazon for the package deal with extra batteries and other stuff with a supplier there called Kazoom. Hope they ship out early but from what I understand there are so many pre-orders that shipments may be delayed. :cool: Found some great reviews on YouTube from experienced droners who rate it higher than the P4, Even FliteTest! I hope it performs up to expectations.

I've got a vacation rental property west of you in Fort Walton Beach, just outside the 5-mile radius of Hulburt Field. So I'll be able to find a few really good spots to fly with some great inland waterway and ocean views.

I've got a vacation rental property west of you in Fort Walton Beach, just outside the 5-mile radius of Hulburt Field. So I'll be able to find a few really good spots to fly with some great inland waterway and ocean views.

You better hope that DJI hasn't updated its no-fly thingamajig because all that area around FWB is full of training and testing zones making it difficult to find a place to fly. Maybe we can get together after the Mavic's ship. I live about 2 miles north of SR20, south of Chipley. Lots of flying areas in this rural environment.

Holiday Isle, Destin here. Y'all keep in touch. I also have VTail, Tricopter, and Quad I fly. This will be my first "retail" UAV.

The HUMONGOUS authorization zone really does suck, and I wasn't aware of this until after I placed my order. I checked to ensure I was not in a no-fly zone, but didn't know about these "authorization" zones. I see people using DJIs around me all the time for weddings, etc., so I know I can fly...just need to get an "authorized" account I suppose.

I did some further research and the intire island I am on is a NFZ as it's part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore. Going to leave the drone at home.

You better hope that DJI hasn't updated its no-fly thingamajig because all that area around FWB is full of training and testing zones making it difficult to find a place to fly. Maybe we can get together after the Mavic's ship. I live about 2 miles north of SR20, south of Chipley. Lots of flying areas in this rural environment.

Maybe I'll bring it along and look you up and head out for a meet up. Will PM you as we get closer. Assuming I get my MP!

Maybe I'll bring it along and look you up and head out for a meet up. Will PM you as we get closer. Assuming I get my MP!
Hi
The way I understand it is, you can NOT takeoff/land on in federal parks, but you can fly from private property and then overfly federal land since they don't own the airspace, just the ground. :) I saw that in a discussion that an aviation attorney was part of but I can't remember if it was on RC Pilots or where. Of course if you crash, "NASA we have a problem..."

I fly from my 3 acres which is about 2 acres of cleared land in front of my house with a lake in the backyard. It is a private subdivision of 750 acres and only around 40 homes at the moment and since I'm a board member we have no rules on flying model aircraft. :) This area is also an USAF "operations zone" but as long as you stay under 400' you're not going to crash into an F-16. In fact I rarely see or hear any type of aircraft overhead. The Air Force has just about taken over the airspace in the panhandle and a long ways up. A number of years ago I was flying a Cherokee Six off a private grass strip about 10 miles from here. On takeofff an F-4 came right along side me, waved, as he went by, and scared the sxxt out of me. NOT very legal. But I guess he was bored. Can't fly real planes anymore, too old, and and probably advancing senility :), model planes are too mentally taxing so I just have fun with multirotors. Building a big Y6 with the EagleTree system in it.

Probably forever is right. Most of these regulations are from fear of possible (ugh, dare I use the word) terrorist activities. Don't get me started. Regulations only hurt the ones who follow them.

But - that's only the seashore. I will still be filming the kitesurfers in the bay from my boat, and any area around there I think is a good shot, but not specifically over the land. There are a lot of sharks and turtles that pass by the seashore which are easy to see from air. People are always filming in the area. It's just a matter of doing it properly I suppose. Get a 107 and authorization, then have a good time!

I'm going to have fun as a non-107 for a while after getting my Mavic Pro, and then think about the 107 after I see how it will benefit me directly.

Hello! It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy TU

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair