DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nearly took fingertip off

R1Mavic

Reactions
Was flying the other night, drone was about 1500ft or so away….it started pouring rain. I was standing in a field. I began to panic thinking the rain was going to ruin my bird.
As it made its way back to me, instead of letting it land in grass….I reached up to grab it and felt the propellers thump my finger. Everything was wet…it was dark. I grabbed my bag and ran over to this lit building at the park to get cover, dry off drone and bag it. Looked down and my finger was pouring blood. It was flowing so fast, I had no napkins or towels. My bag and drone had blood all over it, the concrete, everything. I left the drone there and ran over to my truck for napkins. The blades peeled back a layer of skin right on the tip. I laid it back over and applied pressure. Finally got it to stop.

Here’s the video I went there to make.

Last edited:
There are quite a Few Incidents that cause drone Pilots to Panic and get injured, and getting caught in the Rain is # 1

I remember the first time I got caught in the Rain , and it was a Panic Moment as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain Land on the Water and to not Panic.

Last edited:
Sorry about the mishap. Great video. Would you mind sharing the camera settings. I'm just getting my feet wet (no pun intended) into night photography.

Reactions: mavictk and R1Mavic
Was flying the other night, drone was about 1500ft or so away….it started pouring rain. I was standing in a field. I began to panic thinking the rain was going to ruin my bird.
As it made its way back to me, instead of letting it land in grass….I reached up to grab it and felt the propellers thump my finger. Everything was wet…it was dark. I grabbed my bag and ran over to this lit building at the park to get cover, dry off drone and bag it. Looked down and my finger was pouring blood. It was flowing so fast, I had no napkins or towels. My bag and drone had blood all over it, the concrete, everything. I left the drone there and ran over to my truck for napkins. The blades peeled back a layer of skin right on the tip. I laid it back over and applied pressure. Finally got it to stop.

Great video...once a drone has tasted blood it cannot be trusted again. Perhaps it was irritated because it got wet but attacking its master is unforgiveable. It should be euthanized.

This is encouraging. We have a number of bridges downtown that look nice. I'm chomping at the bit to take the A2S out.

Sorry about the finger, but nice video. I agree with @rp6. I'm a Certified Bloodthirsty Drone Disposal Technician. Please carefully package it and DM me for shipping details. Do it for the children.

Glad you're ok. Bloody great vid I might add!

Hope you are fully recovered from your injury…too bad. Your video?…that’s a keeper…very nice 👍. BTW what were you flying to shoot the video?

Reactions: R1Mavic
Hope you are fully recovered from your injury…too bad. Your video?…that’s a keeper…very nice 👍. BTW what were you flying to shoot the video?
Thanks! It’s healing well. Tough typing for work…lol.
Air 2s

Maybe you should take a couple days off work for recovery and while that’s happening, flying is known to be great therapy. 😎
Ha! Good idea. I’ve been getting familiar with Litchi again lately since it now supports the A2S.

Too funny. I nipped my finger yesterday as well. Couple drops of super glue got the blood flow stopped.
You must have graduated from the same medical school as my surgeon did...

• Haha
Reactions: stevenws
There are quite a Few Incidents that cause drone Pilots to Panic and get injured, and getting caught in the Rain is # 1

I remember the first time I got caught in the Rain , and it was a Panic Moment as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain Land on the Water and to not Panic.
I just looked at that Phantomrain site. That looks awesome. I plan to take my Air 2S on a boat in the caribbean this August, and I just might have to invest in that landing gear. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Jbizzle
You must have graduated from the same medical school as my surgeon did...

For what it's worth, a USAF para-rescue med tech I fish with tells me that the procedure is to close the wound and wipe the super glue over the cut. Putting glue into the wound is not the thing to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus