DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nebraska

RaWine

Reactions
Not really news that more state entities are finding ways to use drones. Was just thinking with some high performance drones highway patrol may start pacing speeders and then dropping them down taking a pic of the license. And possibly even pulling over the front of the vehicle and turning on a mini blue and red light. "pull that car over'' from speaker.

“The Nebraska State Patrol has continuously innovated through the years, finding new and improved ways to protect the public,” said Gov. Ricketts. “The agency’s drone program is a great example. Whether helping to investigate vehicle crashes or fight wildfires, the drones have proven to be major assets. I commend the State Patrol for its creative use of technology to better serve Nebraskans.”

The Nebraska State Patrol has continuously innovated through the years, finding new and improved ways to protect the public,
Pie in the sky…

First off, there are no drones that can keep up with a speeding car. Oh sure the Racing FPV are fast, but put a "Flashing Red and Blue Light" on it and a "loud speaker" for a siren and to scream, "Pull that car over…" and you've Grounded that drone, it aint gonna fly…

Then, the FAA will allow a drone to race down the road over vehicles, I think not…

It sounds more like something built by the "ACME Drone Company" made especially for Wile E Coyote to chase down the Road Runner…

acme.png

Never say never. (Except to flying cars, that will never happen j/k)

Drone doesn't have to fly over a road directly to take a camera shot, as it can take an angled shot if so designed.

I don't know enough about the FAA to say one way or another but found this when I looked up exemptions

"The FAA issues exemptions only upon a finding that such action will be in the public interest."

I may have been just exaggerating other possibilities. Although running a somewhat modified racing drone along a car is cheaper than a highway patrol car with it's gasoline and wear consumption.

I believe I saw on the news, they will be used when there is a accident, and will use the photos and videos to help assertion information, and should be able to open up accident scene much quicker, rather than being closed off for hours.

Never say never.
Pull that car over
You are so Right, I should have remembered that in the 24th Century, we will have Robotic Officers on Drones pulling cars over by shouting "Pull that car over…"

drone cop.png

Tickle, tickle, now laugh out loud…

1657586051337.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots